"This your girl?" Barry's eyes raked down Mer who was wearing a cropped t-shirt and jean shorts. She tried her best to hide herself behind Rafe.

"Uh, yeah man," Rafe pulled Mer closer to him by her waist.

"I see you man. You one lucky man, I'll tell you that," Barry moved to look at Rafe. "What you need, man?"

"Yeah. Uh, you got any stuff? We're gonna sell you some tonight. Ya know, pay off some I owe you."

"Yeah man. I got you," Barry motioned for the duo to follow him back to his room. They passed several people on the couch, all high out of their minds on whatever drug they could get their hands on. Mer pulled herself closer to Rafe by pushing her hand into his and wrapping her other hand around his wrist, obviously uncomfortable. Barry pushed away a sheet, leading to his room in the back of the trailer.

"Let me just get enough for, what?" Rafe looked down to Mer who only shrugged. "Like, maybe fifty people." Rafe guessed, making sure there would be enough for him.

"Here you go man," Barry slapped a bag of the white substance in Rafe's hand. Mer looked between the two as they discussed when Rafe needs to come back with the money and how much, secretly wishing to leave. She wanted to get away from the smell of weed, mold, and mustiness.

"You ready, Mer?" Rafe looked down to the girl who was ready to leave the second they got there. She urgently nodded her head as she lightly tugged Rafe to the door.

"Alright, man. I'll see you later," Rafe shook hands with Barry and stuck the baggie in his back pocket.

"What's up Pogues?" Mer yelled as she walked up to the four of them sitting on a log. There was already a good number of people there, but the real party had yet to start. JJ turned around to see the girl waltz up to the group, feeling good.

"Where'd you go man?" he asked as he watched her slightly stumble as she stepped over the log to sit beside John B.

"Just, uh, ran some errands really quick," Mer lazily smiled as she grabbed a solo cup to pour beer in.

"Yeah? Like what?" Pope asked, seeming to know what was going on with Mer.

"Jesus, is it get on Mer's dick today or what?" Mer scoffed as she looked between the teens who were staring at her worried. "I was getting groceries for my dad. He's not gonna be home for a little while."

"Right," Kie rolled her eyes.

"What, Kie?" Mer snapped, finally taking a sip from her cup.

"You know, we can tell when you're lying," Kie stared at Mer unimpressed. "And when you're fucked up."

Mer's eyes widen before laughing and looking down in her cup at the brown liquid. "Yeah, right. You know I don't do that shit. Not anymore."

"How many lines did you do before you came out here?" JJ questioned, looking concerned and angry at one of his best friends.

"Jeez. None. Holy fuck," Mer scoffed before she got off the log to join a group of tourist that showed up. More people began to show up, the party finally beginning to start.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Mer asked a random group of guys she didn't know. They all greeted her politely. "Where y'all from?"

"California," one of the guys in the group stated.

"Oh really? Where?" Mer sipped on her drink, her high coming down after the confrontation.

"San Francisco."