three. housekeeping

"Drop me off at my house when we go back," Mer said as she laid on Rafe's bare chest in one of the rooms on the boat

"Drop me off at my house when we go back," Mer said as she laid on Rafe's bare chest in one of the rooms on the boat. Rafe was holding on to her waist with both arms, their legs intertwined with the other.

"Will you stay the night with me?" Rafe questioned, loving the feeling that he got when he was with Mer. She made him feel somewhat sane and loved, even though they told themselves they weren't in love with each other. Mer made him feel like no matter what his father told him, he mattered and he did all the right things. She was the light he was missing.

"You know I can't," Mer sighed as she took Rafe's chain in her hand and twirled it around. "I mean, I wish I could, but I need to be with the Pogues. I already skipped out on fishing today."

"What's one more night?" Rafe pressed now looking down at Mer, who had raised her head to see Rafe's god-like face.

"Maybe I'll sneak back to you, but I need to go back," Mer let go of his chain and looked at the watch on her wrist JJ had stolen for her. "It's already three, we need to go."

Rafe groaned and pulled her closer to his body. "A little bit longer?" Mer nodded against his body and sighed in content. She got on top of him, straddling his stomach. Leaning closer to his face, she put her hands on his rosey cheeks.

"You know, I think I like your hair not gelled back. Like messy. It's hot," Mer giggled as she ran her fingers through his messy, sweaty hair. Rafe closed the gap and pushed their lips together into a passion-filled kiss.

"Nope, we can't. We have to go," Mer pulled back from the kiss, trying to get out of Rafe's arms, but his grip was too tight for her to break. Mer looked down at Rafe who had a smirk on his face. "Rafe."

"Just ten more minutes. They'll go by fast, baby," Rafe convinced her. Mer nodded causing Rafe to grin and flip him over on top of her. His hands immediately went to her waist and hips, and his lips to her neck, intentionally leaving dark marks. He let his hands run all over her body while she did her best to savor every single touch and kiss.

"Mer! You'll never guess what we found," JJ exclaimed at Mer as she walked through the porch door to the Chateau.

"What did you find?"

"A Grady-White. In the marsh," JJ said excitedly as he followed her around.

"Nice. I think rich people go out to the marsh, too, J," Mer said as she walked to the table. She sat her bag down and dug out her water bottle and a bag of chips.

"No, it was sunk. Like a shipwreck," John B explained.

"Oh shit. Really?" Mer questioned as she sat down on the couch beside Kie. All the pogues nodded. "I guess I should've blown off Owen."

"Yeah, you should've," John B said accusingly, knowing actually why she wasn't there. Mer nodded slowly at John B before turning back to JJ who took a seat on the arm of the couch she was sitting on.