Chapter 1

Franky loads the washer as Bridget walks up behind her.  "How you doing?"  Franky looks at her and frowns.  Bridget wraps her arms around her waist.  "There's gotta be something I can do to help Gidge."  Franky says while moving her arms around her.  "I know baby.  You'll figure something out."  She pulls her into an embrace as Franky rests her chin on her shoulder.  "I never did thank you Gidge."  They look into each other's eyes as Franky places a hand against the side of her Bridget's face.  "You were always there for me.  Even when I told you to stay away."  Bridget smiles and leans her forehead against Franky's.  "I couldn't leave you if I wanted to.  Even after that day in your cell.  I had too much hope for you...for us."  She smiles as Franky brushes her hair behind her ear and leans in to kiss her.  The hold each other closer as they kiss again.  Franky breaks the kiss as she slides her hands around Bridget's behind.  "I've never let myself feel what I feel for you Gidge.  I've always been guarded, and it scared me that I would lose you if I got locked up again.  Deep down, I was fighting for us as much as I was fighting to prove my innocence.  And I was willing to die for that."  Bridget takes her face in her hands.  "I would have waited forever for you Franky.  What we have...only happens once in a lifetime."  Franky nods as they look into each other's eyes.  "Thank you for letting me in Franky."  She watches as Franky's eyes tear up.  Franky leans in and kisses her fiercely.  They hold each other closer as she breaks the kiss.  "God, I love you Gidge."  They smile as they kiss again.  Franky pulls her with her as she slowly walks them toward the bedroom.          

The next morning, Bridget wakes up to find Franky at the dining room table with books and notepads strewn across the table next to her open laptop.  "What's up baby?"  She asks as the leans down to kiss her.  "Um, just trying to find a way to help Boomer.  There's got to be something on mercy killing."  Bridget flips through the papers on the table.  "How long have you been at this?"  Franky looks up from a book and sets down the pen she's been unconsciously biting.  "A couple hours."  She says with a sigh.  Bridget walks over to Franky and rests a hand on her shoulder.  "Feel like taking a break?"  Franky smiles as she turns to face her.  "What's wrong Gidge?  Miss me already?"  She wraps her arms around her waist as Bridget laughs softly.  "Something like that."  She says as Franky stands and embraces her.  Franky tightens her embrace as she gently kisses the side of her neck.  Bridget quietly moans as Franky makes her way up to her ear.  "Franky..."  She whispers as Franky slides her hands into her bathrobe.  She reaches for Franky's hands.  "What's going on baby?"  Franky stops and looks at Bridget.  She looks into her eyes, then shakes her head and turns away.  "Franky."  She says as she reaches for her hand.  Franky pulls away and walks into the kitchen.  "Franky.  Don't shut me out."  Franky turns and looks her in the eyes.  As she walks towards Bridget, she feels her eyes begin to fill with tears.  "I'm scared Gidge.  Scared that this is all a dream and I'll wake up and it'll all come crashing down."  Bridget reaches for her.  "What are you talking about?"  A tear runs down Franky's face.  "Everything Gidge.  Ever since I was arrested again..."  Bridget hugs her tightly.  "I'm not going anywhere.  It's you and me til the end."  They turn and look into each other's eyes.  Bridget can see the vulnerability showing through Franky's tough exterior and realizes that she pulled out all the stops last night.  She saw the true Francesca Doyle, the raw, true emotions of the woman she fell in love with months ago.  She left it all between the sheets last night and for some reason is afraid of it coming back to haunt her.  "Oh Franky."  She kisses her before holding her closer.  "All I've wanted to do since being shot is hold you and never let you go.  I need to feel you, so I know it's not just a dream."  Bridget looks into her eyes.  "I can live with that."  Franky smiles, then leans in to kiss her.