Pity Party

I felt as if it had taken the third phase forever to end. I waited and waited and had grown restless. I felt as if it were ridiculous to even allow people to pass after the 48 hour mark. It had only taken me and Illumi~ 10 hours to complete it, Hisoka even less than that apparently.

I sat there, almost painfully, feeling Hisoka burning a hole into my body with his eyes as if they were laser beams. I tried my best to keep my gaze pointed forward, away from him.

After the third part of the exam was over, we were led outside of the walls that encircled the bottom of the tower. There, we were told to step forward and reach inside a box to pull a random piece of paper but not to open it until told to do so.

We drew in order of those who had finished the journey down Trick Tower, first to last.

Hisoka went first, not to my surprise. I hadn't had time to look around after the third phase before Illumi and Hisoka's drama.. Then, me, then Illumi~. I held the paper gently until told to open it.

It was a game of cat and mouse, the number on the papers we held, our target. Each tag, that was worn on a person's body, was worth a specific amount of points. Our own tag was worth 3, and our targets 3 as well. Any other tag accumulated was 1 point. Anyone who didn't make it back to the starting point at the announced time with the needed tags adding up to at least six points, failed.

This was going to be too easy...

I didnt pay much attention to who my target was. I just knew that I needed to collect tags, it didn't necessarily matter whose.

As if it were going to be any challenge keeping my own tag from harms way and collecting three other random ones, I thought laughing to myself.

We were corralled onto a boat to reach the destination of the fourth test. I sat down in a corner that was rather empty and propped my head up on my knees.

"Where have you been?" I hear from my right side. The velvety voice was located so close to my ear, that I could feel the warm breath flow onto it.

"Around, Hisoka~," I replied, slightly irritated with his questioning and constant badgering though I didn't give that away.

He chuckled. "What have you been hiding from me, hmm~?" I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Why do you care? I left you, remember?" I replied sourly, though regretfully.

Leaning in, before pushing himself up and sauntering away, he spoke again just as close to my ear as before. "Just remember, no matter how many times you leave, I'll always find you.."

"Don't mess with what you can't fix, Hisoka~," I said, letting bloodlust flood around us. He licked his lips sensually at the sight of it, his footsteps stopping long enough for one last response before he took off to start his exam. In the same order we had completed Trick Tower and drew, we left with 2 minutes separating each contender.

"Oh, I could fix it, sweetheart~." I felt my face flush. He knew what he had just done, quoting the song I sang when we had had sex. There was no misinterpretation here.

Hisoka's 2 minutes were up and next to go into the thick woods was me.

Going in I used zetsu, stopping all flow of my aura, to conceal my presence. The last thing I wanted was for Hisoka to find me, at least not yet. If he wanted to play, then sure I'd play. It was obvious that there was no ignoring him, not now at least.

Venturing out, I ran as far away from the starting point as I could before I grew bored of running. I looked around at my current location, making sure I was still mostly concealed. I decided to climb high up into a large tree that would camouflage me well and wait.

A few days had passed and I decided it was time for me to start collecting tags. Also, it was time to find Hisoka~.

I took a deep breath and tried to concentrate my hearing. I couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary around me so I decided to try and see if I could sense any auras around.

Oh~.

That brief second was all it took for me to start running in a direction towards a certain someone. He had been careless with his aura on purpose; he wanted to be found.

On the way, I easily managed to collect 3 other tags from random participants who I didn't care enough to remember.

My bloodlust was very pronounced, pulsing from my barriers. And my aura screaming: here I am, Hisoka~.

We met at a shallow river, both of us on opposite sides. We both had smiles plastered on our faces.

"What shall the winner get?" I asked, just a hint of sensuality blanketing my question.

"If you win, I'll leave you alone. If I win, you let me do very dirty things to you right here." The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I scoffed. He was hopeless. He let what he wanted blind him from what truly needed attention. That was his fatal weakness.

I launched at him, protecting my body with Ten which encased my body with my aura helping shield it. I dodged his playing cards left and right, easily.

Hisoka launched back at me after realizing he was getting nowhere, his body also protected with Ten. I dodged all of his attempted attacks and managed to land a harsh punch to his face. He pushed me off of him, crossing back over the river from where he originally came. He knew I was too strong for him.

Why couldn't he just let me go?

"Leaving already?" I yelled, only slightly winded.

He shook his head, his smile long gone. Flashing over to me, he cupped his hands on either side of my face.

"I'll go, for good, if that is what you want. Just know, I searched for you every day..." I felt tears brim my eyes.

Tell him you just don't want him to die, too!

Like every one else!

"...I saw it in your eyes right before you had left. Something happened and it changed you. I was just trying to find you so I could help make whatever it was right..."

The built up tears finally escaped. My shoulders shook violently as my breathing became shallowed sobs.

He stood over me, his hands over both of my shoulders to help stop the violent shaking. His large frame was draped over me like a blanket, protecting the one underneath from the threatening cold.

I allowed myself to stay with him like this for only a few minutes.

"Go..." I sputtered out in between hyperventilations. I knew he heard me, but he was giving me a chance to change my mind. I couldn't, though, no matter how bad I wanted to..

I calmed down my breathing so I could make him leave me once and for all.

"GO, HISOKA!" I screamed projecting my voice and screaming it so loud the entire island matter-of-factly heard it.

And in a flash, he was gone. Leaving me alone. This was what I had wanted. Right? So overwhelmed with emotion, I sang a song that was strung with nen so powerful, the entire island was frozen in place besides me until it was time to return to the starting point.

While every one was frozen, I destroyed every thing besides the people on that island..

Phantom Troupe, I will kill each and every one of you if its the last thing I do..

"Did my invitations disappear?
Why'd I put my heart on every cursive letter?
Tell me why the hell no one is here..
Tell me what to do to make it all feel better..

Maybe it's a cruel joke on me..
Whatever, whatever..
Just means there's way more cake for me,
Forever, forever..

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to (cry, cry, cry)..
I'll cry until the candles burn down this place.. I'll cry until my pity party's in flames..
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to (cry, cry, cry)..
I'll cry until the candles burn down this place.. I'll cry until my pity party's in flames.."