'Then you're going to work on the car?'

'Then I'm going to work on the car.'

Dean was quiet for a few weeks, coming home grimy and exhausted every day, though he seemed pleased with the progress he was making on the Impala.

Cas attempted to cook for him a few times, seeing as he was so tired, but he couldn't remember how to make much. There were a few cookbooks around, but Cas kept forgetting about things once he set them to cook. More than once, Dean came home to things burnt to the bottom of pots and pans, and ended up ordering a pizza.

'I'm sorry, Dean,' Cas said miserably one night, while Dean scraped the charred remains of his mac and cheese out of a pan.

'What? Don't be ridiculous.'

'Was I this bad before?'

Dean didn't answer.

'I didn't think I was,' Cas sighed.

'You've got brain damage, Cas. Don't be so hard on yourself. Come on, I'm ordering chinese food tonight.'

Cas still couldn't stomach much food. The new meds had lessened the frequency of his seizures, but made him feel worse than the last ones.

Dean frowned when Cas fiddled with his food more than he ate it, but didn't comment on it.

They were still sleeping in the same bed, though Dean was now frequently woken in the night by Cas bolting to the bathroom to vomit.

On one of Dean's mornings off, Cas woke early and slightly light-headed, though surprisingly hungry.

Dean was already in the bathroom, so Cas got up and threw on some clothes. Hoagie wagged his tail in greeting, and Cas scratched him under the chin. Just as he was leaving the bedroom, there was knock on the front door.

'Will you get that?' Dean called from the bathroom.

Cas opened the door to find a delivery man holding a huge bouquet of sweet-smelling lilies.

'Uh, I'm looking for Mr Winchester?'

Cas just stared at him. 'Which one?'

The man fiddled with the card attached to the flowers. 'Um... Castiel?'

'Oh, that's me.' Cas thanked him and took the flowers from him. He walked down the hallway, his nose buried in the bouquet, and into the kitchen to get a vase.

Dean was in there, pouring them both some coffee. He winked at Cas when he came in with the flowers.