𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 28

Start from the beginning

  "Octavi, what are you doing? You aren't working for the black snake group anymore so why can't you just let me go?" You demanded to know, trying to get up from your bed, but you were too weak to barely even move a limb more than a few inches from the initial position.

  "I'm afraid that... if I let you go, I won't be able to spend any time with you. The Emperor is incredibly possessive, is he not? No matter who the man is, he won't let us even hold a proper conversation. But... I have never longed for something so much. I have never asked for anything before; I have never yearned for anything dearly either. In fact, to many people, it was like I was a statue: moulded perfectly and only there to follow orders given," Octavi explained, taking in a deep breath. "I apologise once again but I don't think I want to let you go."

  "If the Emperor finds out about this stunt you have pulled, you are sure to lose your life. If you let me go now, I will not utter a word about you taking part in my capture. I will only blame the black snake group. Octavi, I am now the Empress of Intuuin, and whether I like it or not, the Emperor has made it clear that he needs me by his side. He... He loves me, Octavi," You responded, thumbs twiddling together.

  He turned to face you, his deep purple orbs fixating on your frame tenderly. "What if I love you too?" He questioned, his lips quivering. If anything, it seemed as though he were about to cry. He bit down on his rosy pink lips, containing his emotions.

  "I'm a married woman, Octavi. I can't divorce the Emperor," You replied, looking away and breaking eye contact. It hurt too much to look at him, face to face - directly.

  "But you can. Or you could even make him want to-"

  "I'm afraid that I have no say in our marriage, whether I like it or not Octavi."

  "Shouldn't a marriage be fair and equal? Shouldn't you have a say?" Octavi asked, desperation seeping into the roots of his voice.

  In the meanwhile, Takahiro had found himself at a small village at the foot of a mountain. The trail ended by a certain house, which he chose to inspect. He peered in through the window and walked around first, wondering if he could spot anything suspicious. Of course, he paused as he spotted a shattered window from the master window. It was clear that somebody had broken out of this cottage rather than tried to get in. The shards of glass lay on the dirt outside, and upon closer inspection, they appeared to have droplets of blood. Looking at the faint trail of blood, he noticed a disturbance in the field leading to the woods.

  He made his way through this path of disturbance, most likely created by some sort of person or animal. Once he had approached the edge of this wood, he noticed a steep incline and a blood-stained white cloth at the bottom of it, trapped beneath some rocks in the stream below. This is also where he spotted horseshoe marks at the edge of the wood, which he had not been able to see due to the overgrown grass.

  Deciding to investigate this further, he slid down the muddy incline and grasped the white cloth from the pond. His pupils enlarging, he spotted little crimson flowers carefully embroidered upon it. It seemed as though you had been here, especially since he had all your clothes specially made. There were no other pieces of clothing, quite like the ones that the Emperor had provided you with. The chances of somebody having the same piece of expensive clothing, more notably in a poor rural town like this, were one in a million.

  He took the ripped part of your dress and gently caressed it in his hand. Oh, how he missed you so. Just looking at the cloth made him feel sorrow in his heart. He clenched the blood-stained tissue in his palm and stuffed it snugly into his pocket. He could not just stand around doing nothing if he were to find you.

  Making his way back over to the cottage, he recognised the same brand of horseshoe having left a trail further down the road. If this ended up being of no use to him, he could always just interrogate the villagers. However, following the trail at the moment seemed like the best course of action, especially since it was getting cloudy and would most likely rain later on.