𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 17

(You can listen to this later on at the part in the ballroom if you want to immerse yourself fully.)

"Please stop.. stop.." Octavi mumbled through his dry lips, the lack of basic human necessities and medical aid taking a significant toll on both his physical and mental state.

  "Octavi, I want you to kill that darned traitor, do you understand?" Eugene yelled at the top of his lungs, causing Octavi to wince painfully. He could feel his life slowly slipping away at this point.

  "No.. don't you dare lay a finger on [Name]," Octavi said emotionlessly. He had no energy left to show his emotions, even if he wanted to. He could feel Odette's judging gaze from afar, and could quickly tell that the scene in front of her amused her. Finally, her brother was getting what he deserved. Finally, her brother could feel a part of the excruciating pain she'd been forced to feel.

  "Octavi, how do you feel?" Eugene purred into the young man's ear. He had even more scratches and bruises on his body now, and Octavi was whimpering in pain below Eugene's merciless figure. "The only way out of this.. the only way to stop this pain is to join me. Together, you'll never feel pain again." Eugene whispered. Octavi was mumbling incoherent words under his breath, which were unable to form any sentences. The mumbling was spine-chilling, even for Eugene who had now had quite enough.

  Octavi had been tortured for hours on end, and at this point, he could only take so much. Octavi couldn't think straight, and his mental state had depleted. He could not make sentences out of his words, as if his mind had gone blank. He could not think for himself, all he could understand was what Eugene had wished for and now demanded of him. Was Eugene his true master? Octavi slumped onto the cold, bloody walls and finally passed out cold at the feet of Eugene.

  Odette sat before the cell on a worn chair like she'd done previously, one leg over the other. "Finally, it took a while." Odette sighed, leaning back into the chair and letting her gaze reach the ceiling. Her arms were crossed across her stomach. Just the sound of Eugene's approaching footsteps was enough to make the butterflies in her stomach go wild.

  "Indeed, sweetheart. At long last, our plan is coming into action." Eugene stated, approaching Odette. He held her cold, pale hands and caressed them in his clutch. Odette's gaze reverted over to Eugene, and she giggled mildly, feeling delighted by his presence.

  "I didn't expect him to be so mentally strong. At least now, he's our little puppet." Odette whispered to Eugene before they both broke out into laughter in unison. They intertwined fingers, feeling each other's warm touch in contrast with the cold, eerie air of the dungeons. They had managed to find these abandoned dungeons and expected nobody to be able to find them. Its presence was so forgotten that it would not even be found on any map whatsoever.

  "And I didn't expect the brainwashing to work that well. Sure, it took a while, but I'm sure the results will be revolutionary for the black snake group." Eugene smiled, gently kissing Odette's knuckles, then her ring finger.

  "Now that our plan has been put into action, we can finally get married soon," Eugene mumbled, a smile on his lips. He got on his knees and rested his head on Odette's warm lap. She gently ran her slender fingers through his dark locks, sighing dreamily at just the thought of her wedding. The only innocent thing in the room was the golden ring on her finger, shining hopelessly.

  Their soft romantic scene was soon interrupted by a tall man stepping in through the door frame. His hair was black and long, flowing in the breeze like dangerous tendrils. His eyes shone a dark, warning red glow into the dark dungeon where they were hiding out. Odette jumped at the sight, unsure who had come in an attempt to foil their plan as their countenance was shielded by the shadows engulfing them. They wore a pitch-black, long-sleeved tunic with matching baggy pants that were held up by a red ribbon at their waist. At the sight of this red ribbon, Odette fell off the seat in fear, dragging Eugene down with her.