"Who would do what?"

"A dog was beaten to death out in the yard. They have no suspects yet and still no idea of where the missing people are. I'm glad I don't live in that town."

Silas patted Macy's leg, "Nothing like that would ever happen here. Maybe there's something crazy in the water over there." He assured her.

"Well let's hope that tainted water doesn't reach here." Macy smiled then kept her eyes on the road. A question appeared in her head. "So when did you find out about this party?"

The question caught him off guard, "Oh, um, yesterday?" He said it in more of a questioning way.

"Who's going to be there?" The car swerved and turned on the curvy paved road, the headlights shining into the fields of horses and cows, their glowing eyes staring back. "Silas?"

"Hm?" He asked.

"Who's going to be there?" She attempted to ask again in hopes that he would answer this time.

Silas' hand slammed onto the steering wheel and stomped onto the brakes of the car. The car jerked to a halt, Macy's chest forcefully pushed into the seatbelt as she was yanked forward while Silas' body didn't move an inch, just like he was in the house. This time he didn't have a faraway look in his eyes, it was more of irritation. "Why all of the questions? You never question me like this. Do you not trust me anymore to take you to a simple party?"

Her eyes looked over to the handle of the car door, thinking about running out. "Are you sure you're okay, Silas? We can just go home. I'm not even feeling very well."

He started to drive again with a little chuckle as the car started to slowly move forward again. "Sorry about that. Just having a rough night. Anyways, if you're not feeling well then we can go home-"

"Thank you." Macy interrupted him.

"You didn't let me finish." Silas held up his hand in a way to tell her to keep her mouth shut. "We can go home after we've gone in and talked to some people. I mean, we're already almost there, might as well keep going. It'd be a waste on gas money if I just turned back around."

Macy shut up and squeezed her purse. It was a small blue bag, holding things she saw as necessities. A feeling had settled into the pit of her stomach. It reminded her of the times she would play hide and seek when she was a young girl and the hider would come so close to where she hid her small body. The feeling was that and so much more, this time she had fear mixed in with anxiety. She watched as Silas gripped the steering wheel tightly and his jaw clenched.

Something wasn't right. She knew she could just ignore it and pretend the bad feeling would go away, but the thoughts of something being wrong stuck onto her brain like a parasite. The palms of her hands started to sweat. Her blue eyes kept peering over to the same thing, the door handle.

Silas looked over at Macy fidgeting with her hands and what she was staring at. He began to speed up the car. "Thinking of jumping out?" He joked as if he weren't acting like a madman.

"No." She stared forward. If she were to jump out, she wouldn't know where to run. They were in a part she wasn't so familiar with. As he drove further, thicker trees started to clutter both sides of the roads, casting darker shadows in the car.

The heart beat in her chest started to pace up. She knew they were getting closer to the cabin. Her lungs felt like no matter how much she breathed in, they weren't getting enough air. Macy grabbed her purse, unzipping it in a slow and most quietful manner she could do.

She forced out a few coughs to cover up the noise of her purse opening, making sure to watch Silas the whole time, in case he looked over.

"That cough sounds bad." He looked over at her.

"It is, maybe we should just turn around. I'll give you gas money for how much you wasted taking me up here." She suggested.

Silas shook his head back and forth, "No. We're almost there. Don't worry about it."

Her hands started to shake as it reached into the purse, fingers caressing each item until she felt a wooden handle. She pulled it out slowly and gripped onto the small pocket knife with her right hand.

The pounding of her chest quickened to the point where she thought she was about to have a heart attack.

Chills tickled at the back of her neck and spread down into her spine.

"We're here." A river of trepidation rushed through her veins, it was as if the emotion of dread and utter panic was stuffed into a syringe, stabbed into her flesh and injected into her body.

Macy opened the door, concealing the weapon in her hand to where he couldn't see it. As she stepped out of the car it felt like a thousand pounds was put on her shoulders and she had to force herself to move, no matter how much she didn't want to.

Silas looked over at her, "Let's go, Macy." He said in a demanding way. "I'll force you inside of the house if I have to."

Macy walked forward, hand still trembling, but managing to keep hold of the knife. Her teeth bit on the inside of her cheeks until the taste of a metallic slithered it's way onto her tongue. The closer she got, the more she wanted to stop, turn around, and take off to the closest house she could find.

"Why isn't there noise?" Macy turned around and asked him. From all the parties she had been to, she could always hear the sound of music or people as she walked up the driveway. Except for this one. She couldn't hear a thing except for the crickets chirping loudly,

Silas grunted then pushed Macy forward, "I told you to go in or else I would force you to."

She was only an arm's reach away from the door handle. She grabbed onto it and twisted. The door creaked open, darkness inviting her in.

"Macy, walk in." Silas whispered into her ear, both of his hands resting on her shoulders. The closeness made Macy jerk away instinctively. She twisted her body around, taking the pocket knife and jamming into the side of his neck.

"Don't fucking touch me!" She screamed.

Silas fell to the floor, the searing burn flared up as the knife forced it's way into his flesh, consuming his body in a world of panic and agony. He stared at Macy, begging for help with his tearful eyes.

Then the lights turned on.

Macy turned around. A crowd of people stared at her and Silas. Most people screamed while a few decided to call for an ambulance. They were all people she knew, one of them was a kid from her college class for psychology. "It was a surprise birthday party," Max said as his eyes never left Silas. "For you. Silas planned this."

Author's Note: First short story of 2015. It's probably really bad, I'm sorry. But I do hope you enjoy. This is in honor of @ItsTrulyMacy's birthday on Thursday. So wish her a happy birthday. Or don't. Your choice. If you don't, Macy might stab you in the throat.

Also, sorry about mistakes in the story, I'm not perfect.

Happy Early Birthday, Macy! I hope you liked it. :)