SPECIAL CHAPTER

AVERY.

"Courtney! Courtney!"

Slowly, she looked back at me.

"WHAT?!" she asked but in a whispering voice.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked with my heart pounding hard inside. "What if someone recognizes us?"

"What if they don't?" she asked back while whispering still. "Just step back if you don't want to follow me!"

I watched her walking slowly and she carefully blended with the crowd of busy people in the emergency room of the hospital where Traise works.

We were in an emergency room. Courtney and Traise barely saw each other since Traise was on his final year of general surgery residency and Courtney's acting all tough about it but she was missing him so bad and now a petty idea came to her mind.

She's faking her tummy aching just to be admitted in the emergency room  to see Traise often. She's really a pain in the ass.

I shook my head.

Slowly, I followed her.

"Where to?" I asked her.

"I don't know," she said. "I guess we just have to wait."

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "I have jobs to do—"

"HE'S HERE!"

With that, we suddenly hid ourselves beside a hospital bed, with an old man sleeping on it. We were squatting just to hide ourselves from anybody's eyes while carefully peeking to see a trace of Traise.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked.

"We'll watch him," she said. "Until—oh shit!"

In no time, we saw a woman approached Traise.

"Who is she to touch him?!" Courtney asked in fury.

"Nothing's wrong with that," I said, "Besides she's not even touching him more than once—oh, now she did..."

When I looked at Courtney, she was furious.

"That bitch deserves a beating!"

"No, Courtney, no!" I halted her.

"Just one big punch will do!" she said, determination in her eyes.

"Courtney, stop it!" I said. "We are in a hospital!"

"I KNOW!"

"DON'T SHOUT!"

"I CAN'T HELP IT!"

"I SAID JUST DON'T SHOUT!"

"YOU ARE SHOUTING TOO!"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE SHOUTING!"

Suddenly, our voice echoed. Silence filled the whole place and everyone looked at us.

As we looked at Traise, he was looking at us too.

"Oh no," I said. "We're dead!"

"Hide!" Courtney said, panicking. We were squatting like an idiot still. "I SAID HIDE!"

"Where to hide?!" I panickingly asked. "There's nothing to hide to!"

"Just fucking hide!" Courtney whispered, panicking too.

As I looked at Traise, I panicked more.

"He's coming! He's coming!" I whispered to her.

"Shit!" Courtney whispered back. "I want to disappear!"