8

I was in the middle of my class when I felt a vibration on my pocket. I took out my phone and checked the message. The message was from my mom. I read the message then dropped my phone. It caught everyone's attention.

"Mr. Sandoval mind sharing the class what you're doing?"

I heard Ms. Carter asked. I looked at her with unshed tears in my eyes. I forced myself to stand up with my trembling knees. " Can you share us what's going on with you and your phone? " she asked with her strict tone. " M-ms. M-my little sister c-committed s-suicide."I answered with tears streaming down my face. I heard everyone gasp. Even Ms. Carter dropped the eraser she was holding.

I didn't think twice. I took my bag and ran outside. I ran as fast as I can. I was in the middle of crossing the road when a raging truck suddenly hit me.

I saw a little girl wearing a white dress with a white bow on her hair. She went near me. "Kuya, please fight for me. I wasn't brave enough to face my problem. Please take care of mom okay? Love ko kayong dalawa. Fight kuya okay? Mommy needs you. " she said then smiled. I tried touching her but i can't. The next thing I knew everything went black.

I heard a knock on the door. I tried opening my eyes but I can't. I tried to move but I can't. "Mrs. Sandoval, It's been two years since he got in the accident. Only our machines are supporting him. I won't sugar coat but you need to make a choice." I heard the doctor said.

I heard my mom cried.I tried my best to open my eyes and I finally did it . I opened my eyes successfully. I saw my little sister smiling at me ." You did it you kept your promise. I can finally leave peacefully. Take care of mom ah? I love you both po." with that she vanished into thin air.

I was dragged into reality when the doctor snapped her finger in front of me. " Are you okay? Do you know your name? " she asked. I nodded my head and answered "My name is Nicolai Sandoval." I answered. I turn my head to my mom I saw her wiping her tears. She went near me and hugged me. "Thank God honey you're back. " she said while crying.

I smiled at her then spoke" I promised Gladen that I will take care of you."

To my little sister where ever you are kuya and mom loves you.