Chapter 12: Crimson Cascade

Authors notes: Warning, this chapter is gonna get a bit risqué and have quite a bit of dark implications. It's not a smut chapter but its lewd enough to where I feel a warning is needed.

Without a job for distraction time seemed to move in slow motion, seconds feeling like minutes, minutes to hours, and hours to days. Father time being more of a prick to you than any demon that lingered within this god forsaken place. Thankfully, with the destruction following yesterday's gunfight there was still something to work on and help with within the hotel. The girls not even bothering to question the sudden shift in work schedule as you volunteered to helped them move furniture and helped repair the holes in the wall. Almost all feelings aside from dread lingered within thoughts, this time around though it was growing somewhat harder to be able to hide it from the girls. Eyes and ears taking turns to focus keeping track of both Alastor and Angel, monitoring them both in hopes of catching the very moment that all would turn south. It didn't help that both choose to come and go as they pleased leaving moments where you couldn't see either of them, when that happened the only thing you could do was head back to your room and use your phone to listening to the audio. The day went by uneventful, both staying in the hotel and nothing coming through on the little audio bug that Alastor ever so generously slipped into Angels room. The next day proving to be just as empty, the only difference being the work that was done to keep the body busy. Half the day spent waiting for plaster to dry and then sanding it back down so there was a smooth transition into the wall. The day after leaving even less work to less to be done when they ran out of paint for the walls, Charlie eventually sent Razzle to go pick up a few more buckets while the others did their own thing. Red flags were already set of when Alastor left that morning to go run a few errands, that same feeling of worry only rising as Angel started to walk down the hall towards his room. Under the guise that you too were heading towards your room to rest you wandered down the hall. Rather than just head inside your room you lingered out in the hallway, leaning against the door as you took out your cellphone and put your earpiece in. In less than a moment the bug was activated and you began to listen. All was oddly quiet, though Angels pig almost never made much noise there was always the occasional little oink as the little guy slept or soft little pats when he paced along the carpet. The silence continued for a few moments longer, only being broken apart by the sound of someone unlocking the door "Ugh, what a-" you heard a gasp and a loud slam. "Who the fu-" you didn't even need to hear the thrashing and muffled yelling, the time had come. A wave of panic rushed over, pure adrenaline pumping through veins as you closed your phone and darted towards the front desk. Darting around the corner eyes met with the confused girls. "Angel is in trouble!" the yell was more than enough to get Vaggie and Charlies attention, the two quickly jumping to their feet. Before they could even open their mouths to question you were already darting past them towards the door "Valentino is in his room, help him. I'll get Alastor." "Wait hol-" though Vaggie had tried to take hold of your arm a sharp yank was all that was needed to pull yourself free. The phone that you had carried was knocked out of your hand but there was no time to stop and grab it, you wouldn't need it anyways. "There is no time! Quick, get to him!" you replied. Turning away from her you quickly rushed over and threw the door open, Charlies words bringing some hope as you took off "Come on Vaggie." The light outside almost blinding but there was no time to wait and adjust to the harsh light, shielding eyes from the blinding glow of an illusionary sun legs carried you as fast as they could, down the walkway, past the hotel boundary, past the doughnut shop, and into the streets of hell. Though you had planned for someone to stop you no one did, no one seeming to care at a demon running down the streets like their life depended on it. Despite a new body carrying you faster than the old it didn't feel fast enough, not quick enough. "Come on, come on!" crimson seemed to almost tint vision as you ran past other demons, even going so far as to hop over a few of the smaller ones. A small growl leaving escaping from you as the body lowered itself. Eyes wandering to the sharper claws that came in and out of vision "I'm an animal demon, can I run on all 4s?" thoughts wondered. Something caught onto your leg, tripping you for a moment. Outstretched claws practically digging into the pavement to catch and propel yourself further. A burst of speed propelling you forward faster with arms working in unison with legs, it was entirely new yet if felt natural as though you had done it countless times before. Though you had only done it to push yourself back onto your feet the burst of speed experienced was notable. A dark grin bloomed on your face as suspicion were confirmed, without a care to how it looked you had yourself fall forwards once more. Hands feeling more like paws as limbs worked as one to shoot the body forwards again, this time though there was no desire to push yourself back onto hide legs. The edges of vision succumbing to blurs as you  practically flew across the concrete. Though palms were scratched and cut there wasn't a care about the pain, you had to continue. Soon the building was within your sigh, slowing down you stood up once again and slowed to a walk. "Ok, I just need to find Vox or get in contact with him. They won't let a nobody in his office but if I tell them that I know he'll more then likely want to see what I'm all about. I just need to play the part right" you thought to yourself. Brushing the dirt off your hands you did all that you could to quickly catch your breath and smooth your hair back into place. "Just stick to half truths and misdirection" you thought. Since the building was open for onlookers to watch productions and buy shit in the gift shop the woman at the front desk didn't even acknowledge your existence. Eyes quickly spotting the sign pointing to the elevators, there wasn't a doubt that it was going to be the top floor. The issue was if it would even take you to it if you pressed the button, figuring that it wouldn't you simply pressed the button for the highest public floor. If your timing was correct they'd be starting an even there soon, if not then you could just pretend that you got the days mixed up. Taking a deep breath you pressed the button and leaned against the wall, watching that dumb little floor number slowly crawl up, almost in time with the laid back tune that played. The elevator taking you about 10 floors up before it stopped, thoughts dreading what demon would be joining you until the door cracked open.