"I didn't know you felt that way about Erik." He coldly responds as I put my head down.

"Well...he's a great guy Charles, he's your best friend. Erik is a man worth fighting for." I respond. "Why does that bother you. You can't lie." I tell him and he sighs.

"Because," Charles walks back to me and takes my hand. "Y/n. I like you. I've liked you for a while now, you're special, magnetic even." He smiles at me and my heart begins to beat out of my chest.

"W-What?" I ask confused and he just stands looking sad. "Charles, I've had a crush on you for years. I just thought you'd never feel the same way."' I smile back. He hugs me and spins me around as I laugh and laugh, then he carefully sets me down. He puts his hand on my face, tucking a piece of my brown hair behind my ear.

"Y/n, you are one of the most magnificent people I have ever met. It would be impossible to not fall for you." He whispers and then seals the deal with a magical kiss. I welcome it, his gentle touch. It's like two people's first kiss, it quickly ends. I stand there, looking at him amazed. He looks at me the same way, surprised.

"Charles..." I whisper as he caresses my cheek. He then kisses my cheek and we share a loving gaze. I grab his hand and pull it down, to connect it with mine. "After this all is over-" I begin.

"We can be together." He finishes, all of a sudden we hear a deceasing creaking noise, like metal rubbing against each other, we look to see Erik, staring at us from afar. Charles and I turn to face each other.

"Erik!" We shout panicked.

"Come along, there is news." Erik coldly states as we begin to follow him. I quickly teleport over to him.

"Erik I can exp-" I try to reason with him.

"No need, I knew how you felt, how you've felt about him since you met him."

"Erik...you're my best friend please I can't lose you too." I plead.

"Best friend, all I'll ever be." He sasses back.

"Erik I still like you." I tell him, trying to let him know I have a crush on him.

"But you love Charles." He fights back and I don't retaliate. Erik stops and turns me towards him, his hands tight on my shoulders. "You should know however that I will always put you first. Love you first, Charles however will always put humans above you." Erik deduces, causing me to realize the truth in his words.

"Everything alright?" Charles voice approaches us.

"Yes." We both respond. All of us walk inside to see everyone watching a tv about President Kennedy's speech on TV about the Cuba missile crisis.

"That's where we're gonna find Shaw." Erik announces.

"How do you know?" Alex asks.

"Two super powers facing off, and he wants to start world war three. He won't leave anything to chance." Charles explains.

"So much for diplomacy." Erik turns to everyone, "I suggest you all get a good nights sleep." He tells them as we all walk off to bed.

"A game of chess?" I ask Erik and he nods. Charles follows us into the room.

"I'm not sure if chess can have three players." Erik responds. Clearly this is not about chess.

"You two play, I'll read. I can play the winner." I say, bringing out Romeo and Juliet, having it float over to me.

"Cuba, Russia, America. Makes no difference. Shaw's declared war on mankind. On all of us. He has to be stopped." Charles begins as he moves his piece.

"I'm not gonna stop Shaw. I'm gonna kill him. Do you have it in you to allow that?" Erik responds. Charles and I don't speak. "You've known all along why I was here, Charles. I can't keep getting distracted," Erik states looking at me. "But things have changed. What started as a covert mission, tomorrow mankind will know that mutants exist. Shaw, us, they won't differentiate. They'll fear us. And that fear will turn to hatred." Erik argues, moving his metallic piece across the board.

"Not if we stop a war. Not if we can prevent Shaw. Not if we risk our lives doing so." Charles argues.

"Will they do the same for us?" Erik asks.

"We have it in us to be the better men." Charles fights.

"We already are! We're the next stage of human evolution. You said it yourself!" Erik snaps.

"Erik has a point Charles-" I begin.

"No! No!" Charles defends.

"Are you really so naive, as to think that they won't battle their own extinction? Or is it arrogance?"

"Erik!" I snap.

"I'm sorry?" Charles begs.

"After tomorrow, they're gonna turn us. But you're blind to it, because you believe they're all like your precious Moira." Erik begins.

"You believe they're all like Shaw." Charles argues.

"Look at me!" I snap as they both turn. "I have seen the ups and downs of humanity. I felt both ways, but if the entire human race sees us tomorrow, we are a threat. If we can keep this information private, we have a chance!" I argue with them, and they both nod back.

"Listen to me very carefully my friend. Killing Shaw will not bring you peace." Charles sighs.

"Peace was never an option." Erik responds, he moves his piece again, this game of chess has turned aggressive.

"Peace is always an option!" I snarl.

"Checkmate." Charles says, looking at Erik, then to me.

Erik stands aggressively, "I'd say it's time I get some rest. Goodnight you two." He calmly exits.