"Where do we sign up?" Hinata hated how his voice shook.

"In the hall, at the beginning there's a sign up sheet." As Bokuto spoke, Kageyama and Hinata shared a look.

"Okay, thanks!" Hinata shouted, before they both began sprinting towards the start of the hall.

"I'm gonna get there first!" Kageyama yowled, and Hinata narrowed his eyes.

"No, me!" And so they raced to the poster on the wall, with Kageyama in first place. Hinata sulked as the setter wrote his name in the slot of the job 'Cleaner'. As Hinata walked up to the paper, he felt his heart drop to his stomach. The only slots left were those in patrol. Great.

At least he could take whatever reds came his way. He knew he could. It didn't make it any less scary, though, as he wrote his name down. "Hinata! Kageyama!" Kinoshita greeted them, and Hinata waved in response. "We're all going to get our injuries checked out at the hospital with Doctor Sohma. Suga wants us to meet over there,"

The three boys walked together, to where Tsukishima and Sugawara already were. Suga sat atop a cot, his face serious and his hands clenched.

"Tsukishima, I know your arm is still messed up. She'll tend to you first," Suga said, and Tsukishima opened his mouth in protest.

"It's not too bad, I swear." Tsukishima insisted, and Suga sighed.

"Look, Tsukki, I don't want anything to happen to you. We can't lose anybody else," Suga's voice broke, his eyes starting to water. Tsukishima didn't reprimand him for using the nickname given to him by his now dead friend.

"Sugawara?" Hinata's voice was softened as he stared at his friend. "Can you tell us what's wrong? With you, I mean?" Suga started to tremble, and Hinata felt guilt punch him in he gut.

"It's just..." Suga started, his voice breathy. "I was so relieved when we got here. I was so glad I didn't have to worry anymore. That I didn't have to be the leader anymore. And when– when Daichi took over way before I was selfishly grateful." None of the others spoke. "I was relieved, because if someone died it wouldn't be under my leadership. And I feel so sick for feeling that way. You guys need me... You need me to be strong, but–" Suga's voice broke. "I don't think I can anymore. I don't think I can hold it together." His voice dropped to a whisper.

"Suga..." Hinata mumbled, his eyes starting to burn with the beginnings of tears. "You don't have to be strong anymore. We're safe, Suga." Kageyama nodded, and Suga sobbed lightly. Hinata held his arms open, and Sugawara hugged him tightly. Wordlessly Kinoshita joined, awkwardly at the least. Kageyama grumbled slightly but wrapped his arms around them as well.

"Tsukishima, you too." Suga demanded, and Tsukishima looked reluctant. Hinata knew physical contact was never his way of showing affection, he just didn't seem like the type. But regardless, he tugged him into their group hug. As they all drew back, he felt warmer, knowing he had grown closer with all of them.

They proceeded to get their injuries checked and go about the rest of their day, which didn't include much other than a full reunion with Nekoma and Fukurodani. They all just talked until it was time to sleep, when they were given low quality sleeping bags and blankets. All the survivors in the massive gymnasium went to sleep, except for a few soldiers who made sure everything was in order.

The next morning he woke up groggily, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. It was another boring day, until Kuroo informed him that his job was today. He shuddered to think about it; being out there again.

And here he was, called over to the patrol group. He saw the scared faces of several kids and adults, and to his surprise, Tsukishima was there too. He had signed up for patrol as well, apparently.