Chapter 2 (Tourmaline POV)

- No ! This one is ugly ! Get it off immediately! the Conflagration Rathian roared again.

- Yes mistress ... The chamberlains sighted as they did so, exasperated by the perfectionism of the eldest princess.

- Is there anything else you can show me ?! The princess growled, irritated.

"I'm afraid we're out of ideas," one of the Felynes meowed.

- WHAT ?! I can't introduce myself to guests like that! That's unthinkable!

- But ... We've already done your entire wardrobe, my lady! another servant moaned.

- It's not my problem ! Find me something beautiful to wear, sweet Teostra! Check out Blister's one ! the wyvern scolded.

- We're on it, Lady Tourmaline ! the Felynes obeyed, frightened.

The vermilion-pointed Rathian glared at her servants while they hurried to Blister's room.

"Grrr ... I hope they will find me an outfit! Gosh, it's my wedding ! » Tourmaline thought.

She lowered her head, suddenly thoughtful.

"My marriage ... I wanted it, I was looking for it so much, but I'm not

really sure I want to bound with Rakurai...Ngh. As if I ever had the choice

anyway ... "

She was anxious. Since she was 17, her majority, she dreamed of marrying one of these foreign princes, gallant and courteous, as they were described in tales for hatchlings. When she was told about her future wedding, she was first overjoyed, then skeptical when she had learned that her lover was none other than Rakurai II, from the Empire of same name. She knew the kingdom was at war with them for ten years, but that they had recently signed an armistice, much to the surprise of all, because no territorial agreement had been concluded yet. Later, she learned from Zenith, secretly, that her marriage was only a disguise for hide the delivery of the elder princess as a war tribute to the Thunderlord Emperor. She wanted to rebel at first, but then realized it was too late. Besides, she understood that it was the only way to end this war that has been exhausting the Rathlands for now a decade.

Tourmaline had therefore accepted her role in the project of a new peace.

That didn't stop the Rathian from feeling downhearted when meditating on

her future life in Voltarr, the capital of the Rakurai Empire, far from her brothers and sisters she loved so much ...

- Mistress ! We may have what you need! the Felynes said, hopeful, bringing a chest full of ornaments.

The flying wyverne snapped out of her thoughts.

- Ah? Show me that, she replied, exploring the contents of the said chest with her wing claws.
She then noticed a silver flame shaped pendant. The one she gave Blister for her eighth birthday.
This one is perfect! the red spikes Rathian said, delighted, giving it to one of the Felynes so he could tie it around her neck. And now, a tail cover ... Let's see, a silver one to match would be perfect ... Ah, there it is ! Hey, if I were told I would find my clothing in Blister's stuff, I wouldn't believe it !

She strutted for a few minutes in front of the mirror before checking the time.
- OH NO ! It's already time! Tourmaline exclaimed before hurrying to the reception hall.

******************************************************