Heartbreak and Cigarettes

-Dani's POV-
Brantley went on tour again and he decided to...take me with him. I kissed Mel on her forehead and hugged her. I grabbed my stuff and headed onto the bus with Brantley. The entire band was with us too.. Ben Sims was the drummer of the band and super funny. All of them were funny but Ben would crack jokes about everything. John Merlino was the guitar player too, pretty nice guy. Jonathan Waggoner was bass guitar and backup vocals. Jess Franklin was pretty outstanding, playing guitar, keys, and backup. It was around 6:35 pm when I got a call from Mel.
"Dani, something bad happened.."
My heart stopped.
I could here sobs in the background.
"Dani...Nick.. He got into an accident.. Adeline was in the car with him..they die-"
My phone fell out of my hand and I sat down. Everything was getting dizzy.
Brantley rushed over to me and picked up the phone.
"No...no..NO!" I screamed and everyone looked at me.
"Mel, Mel, were turnin' around. We're coming home." Brantley said and he looked at me with grief.
The ride home was silent. Ben didn't even crack a joke. My heart broke into a million pieces when we got to the house. Mel was waiting on the porch and I ran to her and looked at her.
"Dani.. I'm pregnant again.." Mel said and she fell into my arms crying. I cried too. Adeline was my goddaughter. Adeline was practically a daughter to me.. Nick was like a brother to me.
Brantley joined in on the hug. "Baby, you have to go on tour.. I'll stay with Mel and help her with the funeral arrangements.." I said rubbing Mel's back. "No, I'll tell them I can't make it tonight. Mel is family, this is a family emergency.." He went back on the bus and made a few calls.
I turned on the tv and sure enough headlines were running across the screen.
"Brantley Gilbert cancels tour in spite of family tragedy."
A reporter came on tv and talked to Luke Bryan, who Brantley was suppose to be on tour with. Brantley was helping Mel go through the phone book to call a funeral home.
"Family comes first, always. We're thinking about you man, God Bless y'all. Trust me, we recently lost three of our family members. It's hard.. It really is. Praying for y'all Brantley and family. Love y'all."
Luke was such a sweet guy, such a caring family man.
As the viewing and funeral moved quickly the next day, I sat at the lake, feeling uneasy. I felt like I didn't get the chance to tell Adeline I loved her everyday. It was just so, sudden..
Everyone from Nick's family was there, so was Mel's. I felt bad for going on tour with Brantley but I went back out on the road. Mel had her family there, and I told her I would call every night.
The first stop was Tennessee. I was laying with Brantley on the bus as we stopped at the stadium. Fans were already lined up, and the concert wasn't until tomorrow. The other guys and bus driver left, and it was only the two of us. Brantley ran his fingers through my hair and he kissed me roughly. I pulled away from the kiss, with a huge smirk on my face. "Eager?" I snickered and he carried me into a bedroom. It was small and cramped but we did it anyway. I dug my nails into his back and screamed his name. He finished, causing me to remember something. I didn't take my pill.