Where The Heart Belongs

-holy shit it's been a while watt pad friends! 6 months later I finally wrote another chapter for you peeps! Enjoy 😺*

-Daniella's POV-

It's been 6 months since I've seen Brantley. I heard he went on with his singing career.. Damn, he seems to be doing better without me. I recently landed a job as a waitress at Ma and Pa's Diner, haven't spoke to Brantley in so long. Mel had her baby, lil baby girl named Adeline Rose. It was such a long 6 months. Dating was such a fuss. It was weird. Brantley was my first everything. I just, can't shake the thought of him. Another bonfire was talk place tonight,and I decided to go back, back to where I first saw Brantley. Why can't I shake him?

I got ready for the bonfire, trying to look at least somewhat decent. The fire roared as Izzy and me loaded up on the beers. I cut myself off a drank water. "Is that Brantley?" Iz said and I shrugged. "Don't know, sure as hell don't care." I'm such a terrible liar. Sure enough, it was him. I sat on the tailgate of Iz's truck, and looked at my phone. I didn't look up once. "Dani." His voice sent shivers all about my body.

"Brantley." I hopped off the truck and walked past him. "Dani come on." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Come on? You're kidding me right?" I said sassily. Just then, no other then Kara appeared. She wrapped her arms around Brantley and he didn't even stop her. I scoffed and walked away from the two. I looked at the cliff and the lake. I smirked, and the half drunken side of me was telling me to jump off the cliff. I climbed to the top and heard people chanting my name. Izzy was shouting at me but I completely ignored her. I was on the top of the world, feeling free, and high. "DANIELLA ROSE, GET DOWN FROM THERE." I heard Brantley yell. "What does it matter man, you don't love me anymore! You got Kara!" I said stripping down, into my bra and underwear. Guys whistled and I smiled. Brantley climbed up and I counted down. "Three," I stepped close to the edge. "Two.." Closer... "One.." I leaped into the air and I landed into the lake and nearly touched the bottom. I came back to the surface and realized Brantley wasn't at the top of the cliff. "ARE YOU INSANE!" Brantley yelled at me and I went to climb again but he pulled me down. "The fuck is wrong with you?" He said harshly and I seriously wanted to punch him. "GO FUCK YOURSELF! OH WAIT YOU HAVE KARA FOR THAT. KEEP CHEATING BUDDY!" I said getting out of the water and collecting my clothes. I went back to the fire and dried off. Everyone was cheering me for that act, and I received a cheap shot to the mouth from Kara. "You risked your worthless life to show off you fat-" Kara was cut off when I hit her in the mouth and smashed a beer bottle over her head.

Brantley ran to her side and cradled her. "There ya go everyone! The true loves of Georgia." I laughed and so did everyone else. "I mean, it's Cheater and Cheater!" Everyone continued to laugh and Brantley just shook his head. "Can't believe I ever loved you. Ever." I said stumbling though the crowd back to Izzy. "Dani, you need to sit down." She sat me down on the tailgate, splashing water on me. Soon enough I finally sobered up.

"Daniella, what were you thinking?" Brantley said, carting Kara in the car. "Ha, what were you thinking? Ever dating a fuck up like me? Honestly, tell me that shit. You clearly never loved me. You cheated on me. "She came onto me." Yeah nice try." I said and he shook his head. "Yeah you're funny Dani. I never loved you. That's why I tried to fucking save you all those times you tried to kill yourself. That's why I would stick up for you. That's why I fucking called you all those nights, yeah, I wanted you to fucking die." He said snickering to himself and I felt like such a prick. "You know how much pain that bitch caused me. Whatever Brantley." I pulled my hair up and took a deep breath. "Goddammit. You don't get it do you? I still love you." Brantley had someone else drive Kara home, letting her know that they were through. He didn't notice one thing yet. He looked at my wrists. "What the hell.." He flipped my arm over and looked closer. "Daniella Rose." I couldn't help but bring back the razor. I really couldn't. I just missed him so much.

"So what." I took my arm back and looked at him. "I thought you stopped doing that back in high school." His voice was full of sincerity. "Depression does some stupid shit to your brain man." I said and he looked at me. "Yeah, I missed you a lot and I just wanted it back to the way it was.." I said looking down at my flip flops. Brantley pushed him hand onto the back of my neck, and kissed me. I mean, this kiss, really meant something. It was just simply saying, "you stupid bitch, he loved you. OPEN YOUR EYES!". I gave it right back and rested my hand on his shoulder. I opened my eyes and breathlessly pulled away from his soft lips. "I missed that." I smiled and he shook his head chuckling. "If I asked you, would you want me back, what would you say?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I kissed him back and hopefully he caught my drift. I think he did cause we drove back to my place and did the dirty deed.

I missed that bastard. And he was my bastard.