Gods, he was so heavy.

Hinawakan niya uli ang pisngi ng binata, pati na rin ang kamay nito. Night was still cold as ice. She needed to get him warm somehow. She needed fire, but how could she do it? She again stood up and picked up some dry grass, leaves, barks, or anything that could start a fire easily. She then started to create a tinder nest for the fire. Now she didn't know whether she would use sticks or rocks to start it.

Napapikit ng mariin si Chanel. She picked up a hard stick and place it above the kindling since using rock would be difficult. She then used the other stick that was much softer than the other one and started rubbing it up and down. As she plowed fast, she could only curse under her breath. When she saw smoke, her eyes sparkled with hope. She blew until the smoke grew big and finally, she felt the heat and the fire was made.

Masuwerte siya at siya ang napiling magboluntaryo noon sa science class nila noong high school. To think she was cursing her teacher before for teaching them how to make a fire, she never thought that she would actually use what she learned and would be thankful to her teacher.

Naupo si Chanel at napasandal muli sa malaking puno. Ipinikit niya ang kanyang mata upang magpahinga. She felt so weak and tired, but again she opened her eyes and looked at Night. She moved him closer to the fire so he could feel the warmth. Sa huling pagkakataon ay muli niyang chineck ang kalagayan nito.

"Do demons even feel warm?" Chanel asked herself.

"Or are they naturally cold?"

She tried to remember how Night felt whenever she held his hand, but for some reason, she didn't know whether he felt warm or cold. She never bothered herself with those details, because he made it so clear that she would not cross the line.

She then sat down close to the fire she made and warmed herself. She leaned on her knees and closed her eyes.

"Ano ba talagang nangyari?" She whispered.

They both fell from a high cliff. She remembered everything from how she fell with Night and how they drifted deep in the water. Images of her drowning and Night unconsciously floating in front of her were so vivid but after that... After that, what happened?

She stayed there for minutes, trying to recall some things that she might remember, but she couldn't. Wala siyang ideya kung anong nangyari. Kung paano sila napunta rito, kung may nagligtas man sa kanila, paano nawala ang sugat sa katawan ng binata, at kung papaanong buhay pa rin siya at si Night mula sa pagkakabagsak nila?

"Do miracles happen in hell?" She whispered as the breeze touched her skin and made her shivered again. She only hugged her knees tight and rested silently.

She closed her eyes and rested for a little while. She only planned to rest for a few minutes but then again, she couldn't help herself but fall asleep. It was as if the time flew so fast, she felt like she only closed her eyes and she woke up again. For the first time, she dreamt nothing. It was blank. There was nothing.

She opened her eyes. The bright sun made her squint. But then she felt something was wrong. Naramdaman niya ang malambot na bagay na hinihigaan ng kanyang ulo. Agad siyang napatingin kay Night na tahimik na nakaupo at nakasandal sa puno habang pinagmamasdan siya nito. Putlang-putla ang mukha't labi nito.

"Are you okay?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Chanel at madaling chineck ang binata. Siya'y naupo at agad na hinawakan ang noo, pisngi, and leeg nito. Ngunit hindi umiimik ang binata. Akmang hahawakan muli ni Chanel ang pisngi ng binata nang bigla siyang pigilan ni Night at hinawakan ng mahigpit ang kanyang kamay.

"I'm good," he finally answered.

Agad na binawi ni Chanel ang kamay niya at tumango. "O-okay."

Madali siyang tumayo at pinagpagan ang sarili. Now that the sun shone brightly, she could see the place clearly. This was like the place she saw when they entered the River of Death going to Owe. They were surrounded by huge trees.