𝓈𝒾𝓍

chapter six: "Desire"
They Would Do Anything For Her

Abril had been sitting next to Alejandro on a monday morning

Abril had been sitting next to Alejandro on a monday morning. The girl had ignored not only just Lu but every single one of her friends, she had wanted a weekend alone and that is exactly what she gave herself.

Martin had been talking to the class about a project they would be given while Alejandro had his arm wrapped around his girlfriend and she kept playing with his fingers that were on the other side of her.

Alejandro had bent down so his lips were to her ear and whispered to the girl, "Why haven't you answered my calls or texts?"

Abril shook her head at the boy's question before looking to her side and giving him a small smile, "I didn't answer anyone's texts."

Alejandro bitterly took his arm away from the spot it was laying on the girl's shoulder and crossed his arms before scooting his chair as far away as possible from the girl causing her to roll her eyes. The couple were unaware about the stare of concern they had received from not only one of their close friends, Ander, but Samuel as well.

Ander has noticed a change in Alejandro's behavior as well. He feared for the girl, Alejandro had always been kind, and gentle but ever since the new kids arrived the boy has become more aggressive and it terrified Ander.

After Alejandro's silent tantrum Abril focuses her attention on the task ahead of her while placing the tip of the bottom of her pen in her mouth and gently tapping her finger nails against her lap with small anxiety of an argument between the two once they were in private.

Abril than heard the most obnoxious of the new students speak up causing Abril to focus her attention on the boy.

"I just have a question. What can I improve in my profile? Nothing!" Christian spoke with pure confidence only to be shut down by Lu.

"Believe me, when he was talking about privilege and intelligence, he didn't mean you."

Abril covered her mouth while she let out a laugh and the girl heard Polo shout in approval of Lu's insult.

Abril watched as Lu flipped off Christian and the boy makes a sexual hand signal.

"Guys! Please be creative. Use photos, videos, interviews, whatever you want. You have all the school's resources at your disposal."

The students stared at the man blankly until they heard the bell ring causing them to all leave their seats in a hurry.

"Nobody leaves until they have a partner. Choose one and come by my desk. There will be one group of three."

Abril had left her seat and felt a hand grab her wrist, not so gently. Abril looked up and met eyes with Alejandro and shot her a small forced smile.

The girl yanked her hand out of his wrist and made her way to her sister while rubbing her wrist in pain.

"You have a partner?" Abril asked her twin with a small smile trying to hide the pain.

Lu just gave her sister a large smile before dragging her to the desk to confirm they are partners.

-

Alejandro had been at the restaurant with Polo, Ander, and Guzmán. Three of the boys had been staring at their phones while Guzmán kept nagging them about it.

"I don't know where Carla is, she's been avoiding me."

"You must have done something. You have to take care of her. You won't find another one like her." Guzmán the looked at Alejandro, "you as well my friend. Jo may make mistakes and do stupid shit but she is a very rare one. I've told you both before, haven't I? Huh?"

Guzmán snapped his fingers at the boys with an annoyed tone, "Put your phone down please. We are here!"

While the boys put their phones down Alejandro spoke up.

"Abril has been very snotty lately. She is starting to act like Lu."

Polo looked at the boy, "Come on man, that is practically my baby sister you are talking about."

Alejandro glared at the dark hair boy, "Just your baby sister? What did you two even do the night after the party?"

Polo placed his head in his hands letting out a sigh, "How many times do we have to explain ourselves? We are like siblings, nothing else. We watched a movie and fell asleep."

Before the bickering could carry on Guzmán had spoke up, "Come on, we haven't hung out in forever, don't let this ruin that for us, yeah?"

-

Abril had finished the next day successfully ignoring Alejandro, she had been walking towards her locker she had collided with a boy, who only has a couple inches on the girl.

Once the girl looked up slightly she came in sight of Samuel. The boy looked flustered and kept apologizing only for the girl to let out a small laugh at the boy.

Abril reaches her hand out to his shoulder and smiled at the boy, "You are fine. It was my fault, I am walking on the wrong side."

Samuel shot the girl a small smile and before he walked away she heard a strong voice, the boy she tried avoiding causing her to regain her composure and put on her bitchy smile and grabbed his wrist gently, "Next time i won't be as nice."

Samuel shot the girl a confused look before walking off and allowing his thoughts to take over. The boy walked past Alejandro shooting him a stern look before coming to realization she wasn't who everyone thought. She has a good heart but she hides it- she hides it when Alejandro or any of her friends or sister are near and he intends to find out why.

-

The detective looked at Samuel with a small smile.

"You are a good looking boy, kind, and smart, i'm sure there are several other girls you could have gotten, so why a Montesinos- and why the one with a boyfriend? The same one with several issues with the now deceased Nunier girl."

Samuel looked up at the detective, "We didn't kill Marina. I-I loved her, I loved Marina. I just I see something in Abril, something no one else sees, but that isn't the point, the point is the first girl I ever loved is now dead, and instead of helping her, instead of being there for her, I was fucking the enemy."

The detective raised her eyebrow at the boy, "What do you mean by enemy, Samuel?"

Samuel put his head in his hands letting out a sigh, "She was with me all night, but she wished death upon her so it had to be- it had to be Alejandro or maybe Polo, it had to be one of them-both of them would do anything for her, I can't put thought into my brother doing it- he wouldn't, he loved her just as much as I did, m-maybe even more."