- un

"you're new, right?"

     renjun jumped at the sudden voice and fumbled to keep his books in his arms. he quickly turned his head to spot a cute looking boy leaning against the locker next to his. the boy looked worried for a second than giggled.

"i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to scare you.." he said.

"i-it's fine.." renjun said quietly as he continued to fidget with his locker. the boy from before was blonde and was a little taller than himself. he looked friendly.

"uhm, yeah i'm new. how did you..?" renjun trailed off as he watched blonde boy open the locker next to his.

"oh, i could just tell. you don't see too many new faces in this town." he said.

"oh..okay." renjun sighed as he gave up on trying to open his locker. the combination the school gave him obviously wasn't working. he leaned his head agents his locker for a second than looked back towards the boy next to him.

"my names chenle, by the way." he said.

"i'm renjun."

     the boy smiled at him and held out his hand. renjun shook his hand and gave a small smile back. chenle looked at renjuns locker for a second then opened his mouth to say something before yelling in the hallways interrupted him. a boy ran by as two others ran after him. renjun followed the three boys with his eyes before turning them back towards chenle with a look of confusion.

"the one being chased is park soohun. the two boys doing the chasing are lee jeno and na jaemin. they're...really something. just try to avoid them." he said. renjun nodded.

"so anyways!...what classes do you have?" chenle asked. renjun grabbed the folded paper from his pocked and handed it to chenle.

"oh cool! we have the same classes, for the most part." he said as he looked the paper over. chenle handed the paper back after a few moments as the warning bell rung.

"follow me. i'll show you where your next classes are."

— ♡ —

as the day continued, renjun slowly started opening up to chenle. renjun wasn't one for talking too much, but boy chenle could make him talk. it felt nice opening up to someone as cheerful as the blonde boy. renjun came to find out that chenle had a boyfriend. his name was jisung and he was apparently pretty popular among the juniors. renjun could just tell by the way chenle talked about the boy during his math class that he was in love love. it was cute.

     in the few classes that renjun had by himself he had made one or two new acquaintances, but nothing special. renjun sorta kept to himself for some reason. he just didn't see the need to have a lot of friends. as the final bell rung through out the school, renjun quickly walked back towards his locker to see if he could catch chenle one more time before he left to go home for the day. in his rush to get to said locker, he walked straight into another student. renjun swore he saw his life flash before his eyes as the boy turned around and stared daggers into him. the boy seemed slightly familiar but renjun didn't have time to dwell on that thought.

"o-oh god...i'm s-sorry." renjun managed to stutter out before speed walking the heck out of the way. to say he was spooked was an understatement.

renjun let out a sigh of relief once he saw chenle and another blonde boy standing at his locker. chenle smiled as he saw renjun approach and sushed the unknown boy.

"jisung! this is the boy i was talking about! renjun, this is jisung. jisung, this is renjun." chenle said excitedly.

jisung waved with a smile. renjun did the same. the three boys walked home together, each of them parting their own ways after some small talk. eventually renjun made it to his small house he shares with his older brother, who is currently not home and off at some collage nearby. his father is always across seas working, so he's hardly home either. it was sort of nice to come home to peace and quiet. but sometimes, it's absolutely terrible. being alone so much has taken its toll on him. he doesn't talk or express himself as much as he used to when his family had all been happily together. he wished it could be like that again, but nothing can last forever. he toed his shoes off and shuffled into his room. he tossed his bag onto the floor next to his desk and threw himself on his bed. he turned himself over until he was staring blankly at his plain white ceiling. he could feel his eyes slowly slip shut as his body relaxed. he had homework to do, he reminded himself mentally. but for some reason he just couldn't will himself to move.

he could probably finish his homework sometime in homeroom anyways.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —
lee jeno
huang renjun
na jaemin
— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

sorry for such a short chapter :( i just wanted to get something out before i start wring all the other chapters which i know will take a little bit to write cause they'll be waaay longer

i just wanted to get something out before i start wring all the other chapters which i know will take a little bit to write cause they'll be waaay longer.^^ thank you for reading!1! <3

word count : 890