Finnick and Violet

At the same time a fourteen year old boy from district four was chosen for the 65th hunger games. Finnick had been training for this his whole life because of his proud father who wanted to keep his families legacy. He spent his life near the water, and had a relatively strong build for his age, so his chances were quite good. When he got chosen he was quite scared, but also knew deep down he was a good competitor for this game and if he won he would make his family proud. He did want a couple more years of training though, and then he was going to volunteer but he was chosen earlier than expected.

He was taken to the train, which was where he first spoke to Violet. He was blinded by her looks, as she spoke her golden locks lay glimmering on her shoulder, and her grey eyes reflected the light from the chandelier. Her accent was a strong gentle british accent (or as they call it, 'Britainian'.) He had never seen a girl this beautiful before and was surprised he hadn't spoken to her or seen her around town, but he thought her face was rather familiar.

He smiled "Where have i seen you before? It's hard to forget about a pretty face like yours." Violet smiled and rolled her eyes. Finnick's hand started shaking, scared he had said something wrong, but he managed to hide it behind the table cloth. "You might have seen me last year at the reaping" she said "Screaming at peacekeepers while my bestfriend volunteered for my place in the games" they laughed. "Oh, not the greatest memory then." He said leaning in towards her "Tell me more about it."

Over the next week they spent almost all their time together on the train and in the training centre with their mentor Mags, who rarely spoke. Violet assumed this was because the capitol were watching their every move, and everything they said, so Mags was staying aware and keeping quiet and Violet thought she should do the same too. But talking to Finnick was more important than anything to her, because since a very long time she felt a connection with someone, not by blood, but by choice. Finnick wanted to bond with her, the reasons unknown to Violet, but at this point it didn't matter the reason. Someone wanted to talk to her and that was enough.

Although they had only known each other for a couple days, time was very scarce and Finnick didn't want to keep his emotions in for any longer. Finnick confessed his love to Violet. He was scared that she didn't feel the same and he would look like a coward, or that she was just using him for his skills (considering his training score was a 10.) But he had to tell her. He knocked on her train door just after dinner and asked to have a talk. He sat down beside her and told her how as soon as he met her he fell in love and had a strange feeling that he had never felt before, when he saw her.

To his surprise , she looked at him, her eyes glimmering and gave him a massive hug. For a fourteen year old, she thought this kind of emotion would never come to her at this age, but it did. Finnick accepted her regardless of her past and finding opening up hard, he had been there for her during the past few days more than anyone had ever since Scarletts death.