Part 82 - Alice kidnaps the sisters

[miru's note: again, I just realized I messed up the timeline...ugh my God... I'll just change the original story a bit to make it seem normal]

(name) knocked on Erina's bedroom, but there was no response. She decides to open the door, thinking that Erina was asleep and she was right. She was in her light purple nightgown returning from meeting with Senzaemon 15 minutes ago.

She sighed to herself, 'Eri-nee-chan is still wearing her school uniform... should I change it for her?', she asked herself before walking over to her sister.

Suddenly she jolted up to sit with her eyes wide and sweat trickling down from her forehead.

"Eri-nee-chan..", (name) called lightly. Erina's eyes watered as she quickly hugged the girl, "I'm sorry for not helping you (name)-chan... please don't leave me alone..", she hugged the girl tightly.

(name) was still standing as she was being hugged by Erina who was sitting on the bed, she lightly patted her head, 'I should remember too that Eri-nee-chan is also troubled due to otou-sama.. and I'm not alone..', she then spotted a head, "what the..".

"Erina! (name)-chan!", someone called from the window.

"uh..? Eri-nee-chan....are you seeing what I'm seeing?", (name) asked as she was still watching a struggling Alice who was trying her best to get on the balcony while stepping on Ryo's face. Erina quickly turned her head and was surprised, "Alice!?".

The raven-haired girl pulled away from the hug and quickly opened the door to the balcony and helped Alice into the balcony. She then peeked down to see Ryo who was staring at (name) with a worried look on his face.

It has been a while since she last spoken with him ever since the Moon Banquet Festival started. (name) simply looked away, embarrassed due to two reasons, she never seen his concerned look before and secondly, she was in her nightgown.

"Erina, (name)-chan, what are you waiting for? We're getting out of here!", Alice states with a serious tone.

'would it really be okay to run away..?', (name) thought to herself when she saw Hisako who had the urge to drag both (name) and Erina away from the Nakiri Resident. Upon seeing Hisako, Erina felt that she wanted to run away too, so she looked at (name) and held her hand, "let's go, (name)-chan.... I hate seeing you being a pawn of Otou-sama".

"good, hurry up", Alice grinned proudly as she got down (stomped on Ryo) by the ladder. Erina followed in suit, (name) looked behind her to the door and gulped, 'what if Tsubasa came?'.

"(nickname)", his rough yet lazy yet demanding voice reached to her ear as she quickly turned her head to look at Ryo, "come on...". She chewed her bottom lip and took the initiative to reach for his arms since she didn't want to step on him like her sister and cousin just did.

"you can trust me, (nickname), I'll catch you", he said softly. She bit her bottom lip again before closing her eyes and jump down. "see? You're light as a feather, (nickname)", he muttered close to her ear before walking down the ladders while carrying her with one hand. How strong can he be? Everyone thought that as they watched the raven-haired duo.

When the two got down from the ladder, Ryo took off his school blazer and put it on (name).

'they're so cute together...', Erina pondered to herself before thinking, 'this feels quite cliché all of a sudden'.

Alice push the ladder to the bushes before ushering to run along with her, "let's go guys", she muttered quietly as to not cause any unnecessary attention to the troublemakers (them).

(name) look down on her feet, "I'm wearing my indoor slippers though..".

"it's fine (name)-chan~ Ryo-kun can carry you~", Alice smirked while simply waving her hand off like it was nothing. "e-eh?", she blushed. "I wouldn't have mind atleast you won't hurt your feet", Ryo muttered before picking her up bridal style before running along with them into the forest.

After running for almost 30 minutes, Alice finally stopped in the middle of nowhere [miru's note: -insert courage the cowardly dog intro- //slapped thyself// stop it I should be serious!!! Proceed]

"we should be safe from being pursued for now", she exclaimed proudly, before looking a tad serious, "I did this to help you both after hearing from Hishoko-chan about what happened before when you two were younger... although (name)-chan wasn't his pawn yet as Uncle Azami was polishing the gem first before making it useful".

She added, "I don't want what Uncle Azami did to Erina before happened again, and seeing (name)-chan lifeless eyes in the tv was disheartening... I allllwaaays love (name)-chan's happy cheerful smile, her smile right now is FAKE and I don't like it one bit", she pointed an accusing finger to (name) who was still being carried by Ryo.

"th-that.... I..", (name) looked away, feeling guilty as ever.

Alice heaved out a sigh, "it's fine (name)-chan, you used to cheer me up when I'm down, now I'm helping you to cheer up when you're feeling down", she grinned ear-to-ear, "besides knowing Tsubasa-kun, for sure he won't be gone for too long.... He's always with you, like Ryo-kun and Hishoko-chan, they can't live without us Nakiris".

"Alice, don't call ourselves with that term", Erina sweatdropped a bit.