Get something off chest

Începe de la început

"I have seen you through Son and Son's website. I saw how you become the person in charge there but I had no guts to contact you, cause I don't deserve you, Chaeyoung. I don't deserve to be called Mother by you. I left you when you begged me to stay. And now I am being greedy, I wanted to see you at least again at least for the last time"

They both were still crying.

"At least I wanted to tell you that it wasn't your and your brother's fault that I am gone, I was afraid that you blame yourself. When I went away, I knew that your father and your grandfather must have erased everything about me, I wasn't even sure that you remember me. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry Chaeyoung-ah, I am so sorry. I wasn't expecting you to forgive me, but I just wanted to say that. I am sorry, I am guilty, and I regret everything that happened"

Chaeyoung could only cry, she can't even answer right now. Her mind is just full of everything. She wants to tell her mother that she's okay. That she's fine growing without her mother, but that doesn't sound right to her. Chaeyoung wants to tell her that she suffered and lived a hard life in the past years, but it's not her mother's fault tho.

It was all her father's.

So she ended up just crying and nodding. All the hatred inside her mind is gone now. It's not like magically vanished. But she just wants to treasure this moment. For once in her life, she does have a mother.

Mina, her uncle, and her aunt come to the house and find that Chaeyoung and her mother are now sitting at the sofa, her mother can't stop admiring her daughter by stroking her hair and caressing her face like a little girl.

They stopped when the 3 of them got into the living room.

"Oh Kwonnie, come here, you all sit here, please" Chaeyoung's mother then calls for him.

"Oh, who's this lovely woman?"

"Hi Mrs. Jeon, my name is Mina, I am Chaeyoung's friend," Mina said it while bowing to her.

"Ah yes, thank you for accompanying her here to meet me Mina-ssi"

Mina nods.

"Kwonnie, let's buy them seafood and have a feast here since Chaeyoungie and her friend are here"

"Noona, you know you can eat that"

"I know, just order it for Chaeyoung, please"

"I'll do it, Eonnie" Moon Sora, Jeon Kwon's wife ordered it for them.

"So, where's Jisungie?"

"He lives in Chicago with her wife. He's an architect, He has a little boy"

Her mother then shed tears again.

"Ya Noonim, why are you crying again?"

"Just can't believe that finally, I could hear the word 'Eomma' again from my little girl, and I am a grandmother"

Chaeyoung has shed a single tear too but wiped it immediately, so is Mina.

They're now having a feast, living close to the sea makes them have a lot of access to kinds of seafood. They eat at the dining table telling stories, mostly her mother listens to Chaeyoung's life. Chaeyoung mocking her father, and making it like a joke was the highlight of the day. At least her mother and herself have a common enemy, Son Jitae. Chaeyoung told her mother a story about her life now being a producer. After their dinner, her mother asked them to stay at the house instead of going to the hotel. Her mother asked them to stay in the guest room.

They planned to spend a night anyway. But never expected to be in her mother's house tho.

Mina and Chaeyoung then go to the room, Mina decides to take a shower first.

Chaeyoung then dialed her brother's number.

"Noona!"

"Jisung-ah............"

"What's the matter?"

"Jisung-ah, could you take the first flight to Korea tomorrow?"

"Oh okay, may I ask why?"

"I need you here, as soon as possible, I will explain it to you once you got here"

"Okay"

"I'll text you the details. Call me before your departure time"

"Okay Noona"

"Take care"

"You too"

Jisung is always obedient to her sister. Jisung knew how much she suffered because of him, hence he never says no when his sister asks for something. Besides, she never asks for something, Jisung knows that it must be serious and urgent when she asks something.

"You call your brother?" Mina said it while drying her hair.

"Yes, he will take the first flight tomorrow"

"Okay, he needs to be here as well"

Chaeyoung then went to shower as well. Today was eventful for him, even though her body isn't that tired, but her mind is draining. Her eyes are surely tired of tears.

She then joins Mina on the bed, occupying the vacant spot. Both lay down on her back, starring at the ceiling.

"I am so sorry, Minari. We're supposed to stay at a hotel, but you stuck here"

"It's better here rather than a cheap motel around here, right?"

"I am sorry that you have to stuck with my family matter"

"Stop saying sorry, please?"

Mina then looks at Chaeyoung, using her hand as a pillow, Chaeyoung still lay facing the ceiling.

"I am.................." Tears are running in her cheek again.

"Oh, Chaeyoung-ah" Mina immediately hugs and embraces her.

"You know I was ready to start a war coming here. I was ready to drop every bomb I got, giving her speech at abandoning her kid. I was ready to snap her, to look me in the eye while I am saying that I am fine without your love. But I can't do that the moment I see her. That kind of bad thoughts seems gone. I know it's still there, but my inner self decided to let it go. It was just nice to call her mom again. Those images in my mind where she left me, are now filled with happy memories that I buried and locked inside myself, that I never access again once she left. And now it hits me hard, knowing that she probably can't even be survived that long"

Mina also shed tears hearing that words from Chaeyoung's

"Let's just use your time well while you still can Chaeyoungie. Make peace, not to her, but yourself"

"Yeah, you're right"

"Before it's too late" Mina reminds me.

"Thank you for being here Minari, I won't survive without you"

"No need to thank me, thank yourself. I am so proud of you Chaengie"

By that, Chaeyoung sleeps safe and sound in Mina's arms. Mina knows that this is all wrong, but she doesn't care about that now, Mina knows that Chaeyoung would do the same for her if Mina is in her position.

Besides, nothing is going to happen, they decided to be a good friend to each other.