1

Lacey's POV
It was my first day at my new school and to say the least I was nervous but I wasn't going to show it, I was kicked out of my old school for my behaviour and the general reason I was annoying. I was only kicked out this time for getting caught selling drugs that I was forced to sell by my parents, my family had a huge drug use background and it wasn't reflecting good on me. Everyone sees me as the person who takes drugs when I don't, my parents force me to sell their drugs because I'm too young to go to jail yet. I have always hated how I was associated with them, there has been many of times I have thought of running away. Anyway back to my new school, as I was getting dressed I started to have negative thoughts like what if I can't make any friends? I don't want to be known as the loner who has no friends at all, I also don't want to be known as the drug user of the school again. I was done getting dressed and started to head down stairs, I decided to leave my hair down as I hated putting it up in any hair style. My hair was long and was just at my mid torso, I had dyed it brown ages ago because I always used to get called a dumb blonde. I was never dumb, I have always been able to get high grades and the teachers at my old school praised me on that but they always focused on my bad behaviour. It was the only reason they could pick on me because that's what they done, they always tried to find something wrong with me.

I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and walkout before my mum could talk to me, I never got along great with my mum or dad that's why I decided after getting kicked out of my old school that I would go stay with my auntie. She was up to it because she knew how badly my parents treated me and just wanted me to be safe, to say the least she wasn't like them at all. She was never into drugs or anything she always focused on her work when in school. She told me that I could move in straight after my first day at my new school that was only a 10 minute walk from her house, I was so excited to get this day over with and be able to move in. We had been moving my stuff over the summer holidays so I could just head over straight away.

I made my way down the front garden path and made the 30 minute walk from my house to my new school, I had heard of this school and it was one of the worst ones in Britain. Surely it couldn't be as bad as mines, my old school never had a budget for anything not even new text books, the text books that were being used were from 30 years ago. I had finally made my way to the school and the bell went as soon as I had reached the front doors. I made my way to the reception desk to ask what class I would be in.
"Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if you could tell me what class I am in" I nervously stuttered. " Sure dear, What is your name?" The old lady at the desk asked me. "Lacey Evans". I see her look through a book and couldn't find anything so she had to phone someone to check.

After she phoned she told me to go sit down and wait so I did, I waited for 5 minutes before I seen a guy with brown hair make his way towards me.
"Hi, I'm Mr Fraser the head teacher here, you must be Lacey?" He introduced himself. "Yes that's me" I smiled. "If you would follow me I can show you to your new class" He said. I got up and followed him down the corridor making small talk till we reached a door that said form-k.

Mr Fraser opened the door and told the teacher there was a new student joining the class. He motioned me to come in so I walked into the class and a lot of the boys mouths were hanging open, I looked over at the teacher and seen he was the exact same. When he finally noticed I was staring at him he cleared his throat and started to speak. "Well erm hello ehhh welcome to form-k I guess?" He said more like a question. I just laughed at him. I seen one seat and that was at the front next to this chubby kid.

I sat down and turned beside me and asked the boy's name. "What's your name?" I asked politely. "Joe" he said really shyly. I nodded at him and turned around to face the front. The teacher started talking and quickly finished what he was teaching before he done an introduction. "Well I guess we need to introduce ourselves so I will start, I'm Mr Wickers but you can call me Alfie" he said nervously. Next up was a boy who seemed to be gay but I didn't mind because he looked like a lot of fun. The rest of the class introduced themselves and we got back to work before the bell for break went.

As everyone was leaving Alfie asked if I could stay behind to talk to him. So I remained seated till everyone was gone and got up and walked to his desk after the room was empty. "So why were you kicked out of your old school?" He asked. "Selling drugs" I simply say. He looks at me as if he had just seen a ghost. "My parents forced me, so it caused me to be held back in school for a couple of years" I looked down at my feet. "Hey it's alright there is no need to focus on that now, are you still living with your parents? And how old are you now if you got held back a couple of years?" He asked. "No I live with my auntie now, I'm moving in properly after school. I'm actually 18, I'm embarrassed to tell people that so I usually keep it a secret" I continue to look down at my feet. "Okay that's nothing to be embarrassed about really is it?" He looked at me sympathetically. I just looked at him and he could tell that it was for me. "Look if you ever need to talk I'm here alright?" He kindly offered. "Yeah thanks" I smiled. "Well you better go now because break is almost over"  he smiled at me. I got up from from sitting on the desk and smiled before walking out the class room.

As I was leaving I had something at the back of my mind something that I thought wasn't possible for me...

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Love Birds. This is a first writing a story to do with school but I am enjoying it so far! I can't wait for the future of this book, I am really looking forward to writing the rest of the book.

Love Birds | Alfie Wickers StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara