𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Rebekah, I could've sworn I told you to table your crap on the beach?" Klara sighed with a slight shake of her head as she began to swing her and Stefan's arms. "Just don't start. Please."

"I'm merely stating the facts." The Original vampire shrugged. "Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unsealed the cure. Shane is the human compass. You, Stefan, and I have the tombstone which does God knows what. And Elena has no point."

Damon shrugged, almost as if he were hurt. "What about me?"

"You have a nice behind," Rebekah answered with a slightly louder voice to ensure he heard her considering he was at the front of the congregation.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Night had fallen, the group of supernaturals were still hiking through the forest. Klara and Stefan remained at the back of the group, teasing each other and making jokes while Shane explained the stories of the island.

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died, there were these miners who were excavating a well on the island. They suddenly went mad. They bled themselves dry. No apparent reason." Shane told the group as they walked. "So, the legend spread that these miners, in exchange for a drop of their blood, saw visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging. The word traveled and explorers sought out the well to see if the legend was true."

Bonnie raised an eyebrow. "So, the well was magic?"

"Well, you know, some people believe the voices of lost souls were just a wind vortex whipping through the caves. Visions were caused by inhaling the island's poisonous plant life."

The group had all stopped in their tracks as a somber expression fell across the Professor's face. Klara tilted her head, curiously. "What do you believe?"

"I believe in magic. My wife and son died within months of each other. And so, I decided to try the well out for myself." He took a breath and glanced down to the palm of his hand. "I cut my hand, offered up my blood, and waited. I saw my wife. I saw her eyes, her smile. My blood let me see her again."

"Yeah. Got it." Damon nodded sarcastically as he gave a look toward Klara. "Goldie-Locks, no eating the poisonous flowers."

"Shut up, Damon." Klara rolled her eyes as they all began to walk through the forest once more. 

"Is everybody paying attention?" He asked as he glanced at every person that followed his lead. "Our first lesson in survival." He picked up a rock and few it a few feet in front of him which triggered a net trap. The net swung up into the trees as the group gasped. "Stay together. Keep your eyes open."

The Professor continued to lead them through the forest, while a small groan escaped Klara's lips. Stefan scoffed as he turned his head to his girlfriend. "What's up? Tired?"

"Tired. Bored. Hungry. All of the above." Klara swallowed deeply as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Eventually, they found some sort of clearing in the woods. "Where are we?"

"According to island lore, a group of college kids came here for spring break." Professor Shane explained as he gestured to the wooden shed that stood in front of them. "A few weeks later, they were all found dead completely drained of blood."

"Well, tragic for them, brilliant for us." Rebekah took a breath as she looked around. "Who sleeps where?"

"Well, that's lovely. There's a mystery man with a hatchet lurking in the woods, and we're just gonna camp?" Damon skeptically looked around with a raised eyebrow and a light scoff.