Apple Pie Cups

Do you ever crave apple pie but you don't want to bake a WHOLE pie, you just want the equivalent of a slice or two? Well here's your solution!

APPLE PIE CUPS!!

I don't know if you've had or heard of pizza cups (if not I'll make a chapter for that), but it's basically the same thing. I have a cupcake pan and I love making 'mini' things with it, I just think it's so cute.

So let's get right into it!

Ingredients (for 12)

            For crust.

2 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (315g)

2 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup cold unsalted butter (230g)

1/2 cup ice water (120ml)

1/4 tablespoon of ACV

                 For filling.

2 1/2 cups chopped apples (315g)

1/4 cup granulated sugar (50g)

2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (15g)

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon of lemon  juice

1 tablespoon of butter

1/2 teaspoon of salt

Depending on where you are in the world, you would be able to get the pie crust in a container, as well as the filling. If that's you, you've cut a WHOLE lot of time out and you can skip to the next set of steps. Now for those who struggle like me, here we go!

Making the pie crust

1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and sugar until they're well combined (you can also add some cinnamon to spice it up, but make sure not to take from the apple's portion). Add the cold butter and press into the flour until some sort of crumbly dough is formed.

2. Add the ACV, mix, then slowly add the ice-cold water, mixing at intervals until the dough really starts coming together. Roll into a ball, cover with cling film (plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Making the filling

Depending on how soft you want your apples to be, you can do this step in a wok on low heat (or any spacious pan/pot thing)

1. In another bowl (or pan), toss the apple slices/cubes with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, flour, vanilla, and salt until well mixed.

2. Don't get too distracted by the amazing mouth-watering smell.

3. Add the butter and mix. Set aside to cool.

Making the apple pie cups

Preheat oven

1. Roll out refrigerated dough unto a flat surface and cut out the desired amount for each cup. Place into each floured and buttered cup, and trim the excess dough off.

2. Add the filling up until about 3/4 of the cup, making room for the rising of the dough.

3. Depending if you have any dough left, you can make any sort of covering you want, or you can leave it open! To each his own, so don't be stressed if you run out of dough.

4. Place pie into oven and back for about 20 minutes, checking at 2 minute intervals from the 15th minute. Bake until apples are bubbly and you can't resist the amazing smell invaded your senses!

Let it cool or eat it hot! It tastes amazing either way!

You could also add some syrup and/or ice-cream to jazz it up.

Enjoy,

Nadia

P.S. I didn't get this recipe from any one place. For some reason, I couldn't find the exact recipe I used when I made it, so I joined a bunch of recipes together and made my own!