Fear of The Truth

Začít od začátku

In just five days he had decided to flee the mansion, finding somewhere else where the pain was less for him. Here in this small dark room he sat staring at the fire, the cold breeze lightly fading from his chamber. His once callous fingers traced the rim of the tiny gold band, all he could recall from this was thrusting it upon her finger and walking out of the dingy little church. It was another terrible memory he was left to wallow over to regret for the rest of his life. The ache in his chest was becoming more physical than emotional and he knew he had to put a stop to how childish he was acting. For no one was on the other side feeling like he was, she was more than likely spending time in the arms of her beloved.

The jealousy coursed heavily in his veins to picture the man whom held her now, who bestowed upon her sweet caressed and kisses. His fingers tightened around the wedding band and Dathan chose then to stand and seek his bed. No matter how hard he tried to distract his thoughts to find attraction in another woman, his mind always went back to her.

When night time fell he laid in bed fiddling with her ring and thinking of the life they might have had. He tossed and turned all night unable to find slumber. This was more than he could bear at times. Lying on his side he stared off into nothing and slowly his body gave in.

***

She lay snuggled under her covers staring at nothing as the candle made the room form shadows around her walls. Closing her eyes she twirled her long almond hair around her index finger. There was not a second in her mind that Dathan wasn't there. Rising off the bed she made her way downstairs and sat in a rocking chair close to the fireplace. Sleep was far from her as she stared into the flames that made the wood crackle and pop.

"I see that I am not the only one that can't sleep?" Mia said from behind.

"No."

"This wouldn't have to do with a certain someone?" she asked, walking over to Scarlett's side.

"I will not lie to you Mia, of course it is?" Scarlett then whispered, still staring at the flames.

"Because you love him, and that's what love does," she said while running her fingers through Scarlett's hair.

"Do you think I'm crazy?"

"No not at all, I actually admire you," Mia confessed.

"Why ever would you?"

"Dathan was...a horrible husband to you Scarlett, but yet you stuck with him, you never gave up on him. You are brave, do you know that?" she said.

"I want to thank you Mia, I wanted to rush into his arms the instant I saw him standing outside our door. Had I done it maybe I would have shown him how vulnerable I was. You forced me to take step back and really see things clearly. I thank you for it, for looking out for me." She confessed.

Mia knelt next to Scarlett and brushed some of the stray hairs away from her face. "I love you, there isn't anything I would not do for any of my sisters." She whispered.

"And I love you as well my dear sister." Scarlett replied.

They both sat there in silence a while longer until the flames began to die down, and then with the last flame gone they both stood and headed their separate ways to bed.