A Parent's Misadventures

Being a parent had its woes, but if you asked Jason and Marinette, watching their daughter grow up was rewarding, many firsts being the everlasting, heartwarming moments for them.

Her first steps brought tears to their eyes.

Jason was cleaning his bloody gear in the living room, Bridgette playing with her toys when she eyed something even better than the bean-filled water bottle- a knife.

However, the knife was on the coffee table, higher than what Bridgette can reach... unless she stood up.

So after six attempts on trying to balance herself, Bridgette stood firmly, noting her father was gawking at her, his mouth opening and closing before he scrambled to grab his phone.

Hoping it would work, Bridgette placed one foot in front of her, hearing gasps as she almost fell back, but quickly balanced herself.

It wasn't hard. She can do this. Taking several steps towards the coffee table, she heard her parents scream and cry as she finally made it to the table, grinning as she got hold of the knife and turned to her parents for appraisal.

Her parents quickly praised, squishing her cheeks Bridgette noticing their faces pale considerably.

They ripped the knife away from her hand, Bridgette wondering why they took it away from her and proceeded to cry.

——-

Her first friend, a boy named Evan Johnson

The Johnsons had finished moving in next door, Marinette jumping up and down, excited to finally have a neighbor after the apartment next door being vacant for a whole two years.

She quickly prepared a quiche, blabbering to Jason how it was a family secret, giggling when she told Jason he couldn't have some and watched as he and their daughter pouted in unison.

Of course, that pout turned into a frown when Marinette dragged him to help welcome their neighbors, a nice couple from New York.

Maya and Kyle had recently obtained a new scoop at Gotham, having to move Gotham to get it.

However, seeing as the two couldn't find a sitter nor relatives who can watch over Evan, they brought him along, worried to death about his safety.

"Don't worry about a thing." Marinette stated, cutting up the quiche. "You're in the luckiest place in Gotham. No crimes here in two years."

"Because you made sure- hey!" Jason yelped when Mari slapped his hand as he reached for a piece.

"The Johnson's first." Mari growled, something in the corner of her eye catching her attention. "Is Evan still learning to walk?"

"Yes! Even though he knows how to balance himself perfectly-" Kyle started

"He still hasn't quite got the confidence to walk on his own." Maya ended.

"Well," Mari pointed towards the kitchen doorway, the four adults turning to see Bridgette guiding Evan, holding his hand.

Mari stifled a snort when she saw Jason narrow his eyes and grumble something under his breath.

"His first steps!" Maya and Kyle rejoiced, Mari smiling as she watched them fish for their cameras, praising their little tyke.

"Look at these-"

"I bet we were like that when Bridgette learned to walk." Mari said softly, relaxing into Jason's arm. Resting his head against Mari's, Jason sighed.

"I bet we were... with the exception of panicking because she had a knife in her hand."

"Well she only got it because someone thought cleaning blood covered equipment at the coffee table was a good idea."