10| Arias Co.-the end

Start from the beginning

Michael was visibly growing more irritated by the second to the point where he thought to crush the glass in his hand. "I didn't let her do shit!" He exclaimed. "She stole it from me."

"This is a family owned business." Katherine calmly interjected, sophisticatedly taking a sip of her own wine. "Last I checked, Geneva does not share our last name."

Michael's eyes squinted. "This family shit is over played." He shook his head. "Anybody could own a business these days. That's the messed up side of it all. I coulda created this whole empire yet I'd still be played dirty."

Joseph could only shake his head. Upon hearing the news of Michael's replacement, the whole family was caught off guard. They had been working in the business industry for decades. Joseph had given up his spot as CEO and granted it to Michael some years back. Michael handled the business almost better than his father did.

Their empire grew, allowing Janet, Rebbie etc. to have their own places to build on, and the downfall is only destined to come for each of them. Michael first.

"Distractions." Jospeh shook his head. "You must've been distracted to make my empire look like a damn fool. I taught you everything there is to know about being a good businessman and this is how you repay me?"

Michael had no energy to fight back but hearing the false things coming from his father's mouth did not sit well with him. "Taught me?" He scoffed. "Only thing you did was mold me into you! Shit, maybe I had no desire to become a damn businessman. With you in my ear, coaxing me to become just like you growin' up, I was destined to be you."

Janet shook her head. "Michael you loved that job."

"What job do I have to love now?" He questioned.

"I shaped all of you to become great businessmen and women to succeed in life. Ain't no damn way I'll go back to havin' nothin'. Look at us, son." Jospeh turned his head, referring to the mansion they stood in at the very moment.

Each family member owns a mansion all thanks to their "empire" over the years. "You should be thanking me." He continued. "You were distracted and you let an amateur surpass you."

"I don't know what you've been up to boy," Katherine warned. "but slipping up comes with consequences."

"I didn't-" he paused as the many memories of Geneva Arias flashed into his mind. Her seduction, her words, her charm. He always denied it, but he only began to slip up once he hired her.

He wouldn't dare mention his infidelity with Naomi and his many months of messing with women, furthering his distraction and downfall. "There's nothing to discuss." He concluded.

"It's that wife of yours." Joseph gritted. "That no good woman you married. I'm sure she's the reason."

"Naomi's not a part of this." He waved it off. "Don't start naming names." He exhaled and took a seat. "Please. I'm about ready to go home."

"You've been wanting to divorce her for months!" Katherine complained. They did not get along with Naomi's side of the family. Their families often clashed. "You really should've done just that. This wouldn't have happened if you did."

It was just as he expected. Blaming his downfall on Naomi who simply wished to have a happy marriage. "Our marriage needed to be fixed."