Only As A Wolf

You just need to know that Derek is the Alpha, and that Scott, Allison, Jackson, Danny, and Lydia are werewolfs. PROCEED.

Stiles moans as Derek trails kisses down his neck to his collarbone. They’ve been dating for four months and Derek has already confessed that Stiles is his wolf’s Mate. Stiles was very happy about that because he can’t imagine what it would be like to have Derek find and be with someone else. Stiles may not be a wolf but he can feel the connection they have and there’s no way he’s letting that go.

Stiles threads his fingers into Derek’s dark hair and tries to bring Derek’s head even closer to his skin. He loves the scratch of Derek’s stubble along his sensitive skin and it never fails to make him shiver.

He legs drop open and Derek situates himself inside them. Stiles hooks his legs around Derek’s waist and tries to pull Derek even bodily closer.

He whines in frustration when Derek uses his wolf strength to hold himself away from touching Stiles’ body fully. “Derek, please.” He arches up into the man.

Derek sighs and shakes his head. “I can’t.” he whispers regretfully.

Stiles grunts, drops his legs and pushes Derek away from him so he can breathe a bit. “You say that every time we start anything. Why can’t you be with me fully? Am I really not your Mate?” he asks in a small voice.

Derek sighs. “Stiles I do want to be with you completely. You have no idea how hard it is for me to hold myself back from just taking you.” He grunts out.

“Then why haven’t you. I’ve been trying to talk you into sex for two months now and every time you pull away. Why? I want to know the truth.” He demands.

“Wolves can’t mate with humans.” Derek finally admits.

Stiles’ brow furrows. “What do you mean? I thought you said I was your mate? Doesn’t that mean they can mate with humans?” he asks confused.

Derek shakes his head. “There are two definitions when it comes to what mate or mating means to wolves. Mate with a capital M means the actual person, like a boyfriend or husband or lover, words like that. Mate or mating with a lower case m means sex or the act of making love.

Wolves can Mate with a capital M. When my wolf connected with you it instantly knew that it wanted you to always be by its side. The only problem is that wolves cannot mate with a loser case m with humans. When wolves have sex or get too aroused they half shift. Their claws come out, their teeth come out, and their instincts kick in. if a wolf were to try and have sex with a human broken bones, internal and external bruising, ripping and tearing of the skin everywhere and sometimes even death.”

Stiles’ jaw drops and he stares at Derek in disbelief. “What? Are you saying we can never do anything sexual?” he squeaks.

Derek shrugs. “The only way we could have sex is if I were to give you the bite. Which I won’t do unwillingly and you’ve already stated that you’re not sure you want to become a wolf. I promised not to pressure you and even though we can’t have sex because of it I still won’t pressure you.”

Stiles can’t believe this. Derek told him months ago that werewolves live only as long as humans and that if Stiles wished to stay human he has that option. But now Stiles is finding out that he can’t have sex with his Mate/boyfriend at all, ever, if he doesn’t take the bite and become a werewolf himself.

Stiles swallows thickly and climbs off of Derek’s bed. He awkwardly fixes his clothes and slides his shoes back on. “I’m gonna head home, I have some things to think about.” He says. He quickly pecks Derek on the lips before rushing out of the bedroom, down the stairs and out to his jeep.