8) Suspicion

3rd POV

''I feel so colorful.'' Cheered Emily as a group returned to the mansion in white colored clothes, but is splashed with multiple colored dust. They have attended a color run near by, and Emily had put on her werewolf attire, because they announce on a video as a 'challenge' were they will wear their signature attire when dressed up. And Emily is a werewolf, while Yuzuki is a vampire and Ty is an oni.

''I thought it was a joke.'' Admit Hideyoshi and try to dust some of the color off him. Toshiie, Shingen, Yukimura, Sasuke, Saizou, Kageie and Ranmaru were also in it.

''You guys look like pieces of art.'' Pointed Kanbee out, as he greet them.

''I glad that we had maskes and glasses on.'' Says Yukimura and take his mouth mask and protection glasses off.

''How do we even get this off?'' Ask Ranmaru and mention to the clothes and the color dust on his hair.

''It gets off easy. Just take a shower with soap, and it comes off.'' Inform Emily simple, like it isn't the first time she run a color race, which it isn't.

''I have a basket for your clothes.'' Yuzuki, like the sweet girl she is, come with a basket for the color dusty clothes so they can get washed right away. They all have some inner clothes under the clothes, so they strip of the dusty clothes and down the basket. Yuzuki takes the clothes to the washing room. The others go further inside while Emily stayed. She then notice that Shingen has also stayed behind, but he looked trouble.

''Are you alright, Shingen?'' Asked Emily and approach him.

''No. It is alright.'' Says Shingen and follow the others inside. Emily looked sceptic on Shingen, and decide to observe him for the day. When she enter the living room, does she see some of the others laugh at the colorful hair.

''You guys look like a rainbow dropped on you.'' Joke Ty and take a picture.

''Hey, at least it wasn't the mud race.'' Defend Emily back with a grin, also getting some weird looks from the others.

''There is a mud version of this?'' Ask Kageie confused, but also curious. Clearly wanna try it.

''Yep, and Emily is one of the best.'' Inform Ty and point at some pictures of younger Emily, covered in mud while holding a small trophy.

''And it is a hard race. Obstacles along the way, which become harder and harder to pass, because you are covered in sticky and slippery mud.'' Add Emily real quick with a small laugh. ''Well, I call shotgun of the first wash.''

''Ladies first, as a gentleman would say.'' Joke Shingen, which Emily bowed for, just to be funny before walking towards one of the bathrooms in the house. Later on the day, look Emily after Shingen. She wanna ask what is wrong with him, and maybe try to help him.

''Who are you looking for?'' Emily turn around to look at Yuzuki. She just returned most of the cleaned clothes, and is on her way to the main closet to hang up their own clothes. Emily walk closer to her and speak very low.

''I am looking for Shingen. I saw him having trouble breathing for a moment, when we got home, so I just wanna be sure he is fine.'' Explain Emily. Yuzuki gasped, which got Emily's attention. ''You know what is wrong.''

''Y-Yeah.'' Admit Yuzuki slowly. She look both way of the hallway for someone, before explaining the situation to Emily. ''Shingen has a serious illness that can't be cured. He take some medicin that Masanobu-san made. I don't know what it is, but we can't do anything about it.''

''Are you sure about that?'' Ask Emily, confusing Yuzuki. ''Think about it. They are in the 'future'. The medication here is far more advance than their timeline. So maybe there is a cure.''

''But they don't have certification, so we can't take them to the doctors.'' Point out Yuzuki, but Emily just smirked.

''We have a personal private doctor, who won't mind keeping somethings a secret... Like your unique blood type.'' Argued Emily back and watch Yuzuki blushed a little. ''I am gonna go find Shingen. See ya later.'' Emily excuse herself and go upstairs and try check her room for Shingen. And luckily, is he in there with the others from his army.

''Emily? What a pleasant surprise.'' Greet Shingen to her, which she return with a smile and close the door.

''I know about your illness, Shingen.'' Says Emily and get straight to the point. Everyone flinched at her words, but Emily doesn't stop there. ''And I think I can help you. The medication knowledge has evolve a lot over the years, so there might be a cure for your illness.''

''You really think there is?'' Demand Masakage for an answer.

''I can't say for sure.'' Answer Emily and sit beside Shingen on her bed. ''But, we have a private doctor and he might check your health and figure out what is wrong. And maybe find a cure.''

''Why are you doing this?'' Ask Nobuhara curious, while Shingen doesn't say a word.

''I was raised to help those in need. And Shingen is in need for a doctor.'' Answer Emily honest and look at the leader. ''You are litterally dying slowly, so I feel a pull in my heart to at least try and help you.''

''Shingen-sama, what do you think?'' Ask Masanobu and look at his leader. Everyone stays quite for full one minute, until he sighed.

''I wanna try.'' Says Shingen finally and look slowly at Emily. ''But, the others can't know. This has been a secret between us and we don't want it to be known.''

''That is understandable.'' Understood Emily with a smile. She then stand up and take out her phone. ''Then I am gonna made an appointment with our doctor. An I arrange that we meet in his office.''

''Thank you.'' Thank Shingen, and Emily take that as her word to leave them be. She called their doctor and made an appoint for tomorrow. At dinner, did she inform Shingen about it and came up with a cover story for when they are leaving, so that no one will be suspicious.