Chapter 22

Chapter 22
The proximity in the condensed room rose as our terrified bodies trembled at the mere sentence. He didn't recognize himself, he didn't have the sheer knowledge that he has an identity, he is Daniel. This was indeed a god damn nightmare.
Almost collectively, Skylar and Maxine passed out. Luke caught Skylar and Olivia caught Maxine before their heads hit the harsh tile.
"Daniel, um, you, hey!" I got the small boys attention through mine and his broken sobs. "What is two plus two?" I frantically asked.
He cried and brought his broken hands into his.
"Daniel!" I yelled. "Daniel! That's you ok?" I shrieked and yelped, angry, frustrated, hurt, and depressed.
"Calm the fuck down!" Luke yelled. "Don't you see it? He's not gonna remember it! Why does that upset YOU so much? We've had him for a year, you just met him a few fucking days ago!"
I sobbed hysterically into Daniel's lap.
Suddenly Daniel stopped his sobs. The atmosphere shifted. Doctors took Maxine and Skylar away and we watched Daniel with bated breath.
He stared into my eyes deeply. He softly cried as he reached his hand out to touch my face, caressing my cheek.
"I missed you" he told me. "I'm not crazy anymore, you don't have to be either. You can do it."
Tears streamed down my face rapidly and I looked into his eyes. "I don't know, Daniel." I cried softly.
"I know you can, I know you" he said. He sat up and wrapped me in a hug.
Luke's point of view:

"W...what?" My one conscious mother stuttered.

We stared in awe as the two, who barely knew each other, cried into each other's shoulders.

"How, what is she... Huh?" I began but couldn't finish as I predicted I may collapse as well.

"He remembers me" Roslyn noted, backing away from the embrace.

"How does he know about you?" My mother shrieked.

"Olivia I..." She started but was interrupted by my frantic mother.

"Are you crazy?" She began. "Did one of your psychotic friends come and do this to MY kid?"

"What?" Roslyn yelled.

"Psychotic what..." I began.

"Luke uh..." Roslyn wept. "Daniel and I, we, uh, came from the same place. We weren't from prison, we came from an..." Uttering the words for her was a difficult task.

"I knew Maxine shouldn't have taken you in!" She interrupted. "It was her idea! Daniel's insanity could at least be cured. But you are just a plain psychopath! I'm sending you back as soon as I can! You knew Daniel all this time? I bet hell you forced him to lie to us! You're a terrible influence! Sorry crap has gone on your life, but you can't be cured. You are a nothing! You have nothing and that's how it's going to stay! Get the hell out of here!"

Roslyn stood up as the tears continued to pour down her face. She approached my mother, her face inches from hers. "I've been called worse by better." She thundered, stomping on her feet away from her temporary happiness.