a & b - in a better place 🦋

Start from the beginning

"Addison," he said, running a hand through his hair. Her head whipped around. She'd know that voice anywhere. Her eyes filled with tears. He wasn't supposed to find her.

"Just let me go, Bryce," she said, wiping her tears away angrily.

"I can't," he said, stepping a tiny bit closer to her.

She shook her head, "You weren't supposed to find me."

"What do you mean? You sent me a text AND you wrote a whole letter."

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FIND IT IN THE MORNING WHEN I WAS GONE!" she screamed and Bryce started to cry silently.

"Please, come back on this side and we can sort it all out."

"There's no point, Bryce. People hate me and I'm too weak. I'm standing on a fucking bridge because of people who don't even know me Bryce!" she screamed, tears streaming down her face.

"EXACTLY!" he said, "Addison, they don't know you. Those who do love you. I know it's hard. I know. I know the power of their words and the way they can hurt. But people love you. And they'd be devestated if you jumped. Your mom," he said, "your dad, Enzo, Lucas," stepping closer to her with every name he said. "Dixie, Charli, Avani."

He was a single step away from her now, and he could see her tears. All he wanted to do was reach out to wipe them away and hold her for the rest of his life. "Me," he whispered, stepping forward quickly. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her away from the ledge. He spun her around and she kicked and punched against his chest, but he held her firmly and her anger began to dissipate. Her anger soon became sobs and her body racked against his as they stood pressed together on a bridge. He kissed the top of her head softly and lifted her chin up to look into her eyes.

She stared at him as the moonlight reflected off his chocolate brown eyes and she'd never been more thankful for anyone in her entire life. Suddenly she reached up to behind his neck and pulled his lips down to hers. She kissed him desperately and Bryce opened to her. Their kisses weren't sloppy, but certainly frantic and needy as she slipped her tongue inside his mouth. Her tongue slid across his and she moaned, tightening her grip on the short hairs at the back of his neck. Bryce smiled, sliding his hands over her ass and lifted her onto his hips. He bit her lower lip and she let out a gasp. He slipped his tongue across her lips and their tongues fought. It was a while before she pulled away, her fingers still buried into his hair. Their foreheads remained pressed together and Addison shivered as Bryce's fingers ran across the soft skin of her stomach, separated by her trackies and crop top.

"You know I love you so god damn much, right?" Bryce whispered. His hot breath fanned across her face and Addison blushed, she nodded, and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. His hands moved to hold her face and hers held his arms as she stared into his eyes.

"And I love you," she whispered. 

They pulled away from each other and Bryce's arms slipped from her face to rest on her shoulders. "You okay?"

She shook her head, "I don't know how I feel. Get me out of here. Please," she 

He grabbed her hand, slipping his fingers between hers. "Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?"

"Is that even a question?" she laughed slightly, opening her arms as he smiled, turning around so she could jump on his back. She buried her head in his neck and he rested his head on hers. They were silent as they walked slowly back to Bryce's car. He opened the door and placed her on the seat. After getting in himself, he watched her as she sunk into the seat, tears forming in her eyes again. He placed a hand on her thigh and she put hers over his. Bryce felt her shaky fingers and he looked up at her as her tears began to fall. He wiped them away.

"It's okay to cry," he whispered. "Do you want a hug now or when we get back to the house?"

"Beach," Addison choked out through her tears.

"Say no more, beach it is," Bryce brought her head to his lips, kissing her forehead. His thumb trailed softly over her skin and her head tipped back to look at the car roof.

Addison was quiet for the entire half an hour it took to get to the beach. Bryce parked the car and looked over at her as she stared out over the water, her hands twisting together. He got out and opened her door, climbing in himself and lifting her onto his lap. She rested her head on his chest as he closed the car door.

"What's going on sweet?" he whispered. He kissed her cheek and she sighed.

"Sometimes I just feel like there is nobody to talk to," she said, "like... like the world is empty. You know?" Bryce nodded, squeezing her hand. "I hate myself. I hate the fact that I was thinking about killing myself. I'm an idiot."

Bryce kissed the top of her head and pulled her close to him. "You're not an idiot. You might not have thought about what you were doing, but that doesn't make you an idiot..." he trailed off in thought. "Have you tried to harm yourself?"

"I may have relapsed into cutting..." she whispered.

He looked up at her, "That's okay, we can get you help beautiful. Where are they? Wrists?"

She shook her head, "Thighs. Wrists would've been too hard to hide from mom." Her arms snaked around his neck. 

"From now on, I'm going to be there for you no matter what," he said.

Addison smiled slightly. "I love you," she whispered, resting her head on his.

"And I love you," he answered, lifting her chin to place a kiss to her lips. "To think you almost jumped off that bridge without saying that to my face kills me."

"I'm sorry," Addison said softly.

"Hey, no apologies. I should've told you I loved you a long time ago as well." They were quiet for a moment before Bryce spoke again, "Do you wanna go for a walk before we go or do you wanna just go straight home?"

Addison looked up at him for a moment, "It's almost 5 already and the sun rises in like 20 minutes so we can watch the sunrise together on the beach." 

Bryce smiled, squeezing her tight. "Aaaaand my girl's back."

Addison giggled, "Your girl won't be back to normal for a while, but we can try."

They got out and Addison shivered at the cool twilight air. Bryce took off his hoodie and handed it to her. She slipped it on and smiled at its warmth. His hand grabbed for hers and he intertwined their fingers. They walked onto the cool sand and sat down, Addison resting her head on Bryce's shoulder.

"You know, you were the first guy I've ever felt truly comfortable around," she whispered. "Usually it takes me a while to judge whether someone truly cares about me when we first meet or whether they're just playing with my feelings. I had some bad experiences with people leaving out of the blue when I was younger, and now I don't trust people very easily. Then you happened to waltz in and change my entire life. And you finding me while I was sitting there on the top of the bridge tonight made me realise remember all I've ever felt about you. I don't think I'm ever going to thank you enough."

"I'm always here for you beautiful. You're my world. And I'm going to love you no matter how much you love yourself."

///

a/n: i hope you enjoyed. i dont think it was very good but oh well.

i'm thinking of writing a braddison book, but i would have to plan it beforehand because im really bad at just writing it, so comment if you'd be interested. it would follow addison and bryce as they grew closer throughout quarantine & through bryce's arrest and the protests for blm

love you all x