Puddingley chap 3

Start from the beginning

Another hour passes, everything was completely silent as the two of you sat opposite each other by the fire. It was completely dark by now. The silence was intense, unbearable even.

The silence kept going for a bit up to the point you hear Puddingley get up. "...I'm gonna get some more log for the fire." He said in a tone that sounded almost emotionless. "I'll be back."

As he left the camping area and was out of view, you finally lifted your head up. Puddingley seems to be out of the area so you took the moment to let out some of your tears. You intended for it to be silent but you found yourself sobbing into your hands. "Damn it! Why can't he just understand...?" You sobbed. "I-I just wanted to t-try to h-help..." you said to yourself with a whimper. You continued to cry and cry and you mustn't of heard Barley walk back into the camp.

Suddenly, you hear a sigh right next to you, looking up, you see Pudding sitting in front of you. "Hey, hey don't cry..." He said softly. "Look...I'm sorry I kinda snapped back there alright I just...I wanna make sure my lil bro has the best day ever y'know?" Puddingley continued as he held onto your hand, it was so soft and warm. "But...it isn't really your fault...I mean if I was in your shoes I probably wouldn't have listened to me either and just charge in."

You sniffle, you didn't want him to see you like this. "So what? We were supposed to leave the poor cub behind?" You ask, wiping away your tears some more.

Puddingley shook his head. "Of course not, prince/ss! My gut just told me the mother was nearby so I was gonna try and find a way to distract the great beast before you went charging in." He said, you felt your whole face burn red from the nickname he gave you. Your eyes then trail down to his belly, he gave it a little rub as he had mentioned it...it looked so...soft. You just wanted to throw yourself onto it and let out all your tears. "Y/N...?"

You shake your head lightly as you looked back up at the man made of pudding.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way..." He said softly. He reached his hand over and cuffed your cheek, you could feel more tears swell up which he must've noticed since his tender expression changed into a much more sorrowful one. "Aww, Y/N...don't cry!" He suddenly says, without any sort of warning he grabs you and pulled you closer to him. Before you know it you could feel your face pressing into his large belly. "Shhh...it's ok. Hey it's ok alright? Ian and I could always just celebrate his birthday again tomorrow...hey! That means he gets two birthdays right? So maybe this whole thing isn't so bad...right?" He said with a nervous smile as he looks down at you.

You sniffled a bit but also began to smile. "Y-Yeah..." You said while blushing. He began to gently stroke your head as you nuzzled your face into his belly, you could feel it jiggle as you wrapped your arms around his sides.

Puddingley began to blush as you watches you nuzzle. He continued to pat your head and he even presses you in a little deeper, smothering you just that tiny bit. "That help?" He asked. "I always find cuddling something soft helps me out." He said with a blush.

You sniffle some more, unable to say anything but a muffled noise as you began to cry into it, which Puddingley must've noticed.

"Aww hey, it's ok now." He said in what was probably the quietest voice he can manage.

You sniffle a bit more as you slowly moved your head just so you can speak. "Sorry, sorry. I know it's stupid! I just kinda thought you hated me is all...heh..."

"How could I ever hate someone as beautiful as you?" He asked.

The was a moment of silence. You blush heavy as you sat back so you can look at Puddingley. Did you hear that right?