“Thank you very much. It’s so nice to find young people who are open to the Lord’s message” Dean chuckles and starts to walk with the pastor while Sam, Lori and I walk. “So Shelby, where are you staying” “oh, I have a place in town that I'm staying at” I lied and she nodded. “Lori, if I may ask, what are the police saying”? “Well, they don’t have a lot to go on. I think they blame me for that” Lori said “what do you mean” I asked? “My story, I was so scared, I guess I was “seeing things”” Lori said and we stop “that doesn’t mean it wasn’t real” Sam said and Lori and Sam look at each other for a few second.

Dean, Sam, and I headed to the library and started to walk around “so you believe her” Dean asked Sam? “I do” “yeah, I think she’s hot, too” Dean said and I sighed “Standing right here you know” I said. “No, man, there’s something in her eyes. And listen to this: she heard scratching on the roof. Found the bloody body suspended upside down over the car” Sam said as we went into a isle. “Wait, the body suspended? That sounds like the” Dean started. “Yeah, I know, the Hook Man legend” Sam said “really” I asked? “That’s one of the most famous urban legends ever. You don’t think that we’re dealing with the Hook Man”?

“Every urban legend has a source. A place where it all began” Sam said. “Yeah, but what about the phantom scratches and the tire punctures and the invisible killer” Dean asked? “Well, maybe the Hook Man isn’t a man at all. What if it’s some kind of spirit” Sam asked, making a point. We talked to the librarian and sat down at a table. After a few minuets the librarian places a few big boxes in front of us. “Here you go, arrest records going back to 1851”.

DEAN blows some dust off a box and coughs “thanks” Dean said and the librarian nodded before walking off. “So, this is how you spent four good years of your life, huh” Dean asks Sam “welcome to higher education” Sam said and we start to read. A few hour later we had looked threw most of the boxes and Sam finally found something. “Hey, check this out. 1862. A preacher named Jacob Karns was arrested for murder. Looks like he was so angry over the red light district in town that one night he killed 13 prostitutes. Uh, right here, “some of the deceased were found in their bed, sheets soaked with blood. Others suspended upside down from the limbs of trees as a warning against sins of the flesh” Sam red.

Dean looked at another page “get this, the murder weapon? Looks like the preacher lost his hand in an accident. Had it replaced with a silver hook” Dean said and looked at us while I turned the page “and you won't believe where it happened” I said and Dean and Sam looked at the page. “9 Mile Road” I said “same place where the frat boy was killed” Sam says. Dean looks at Sam impressed “nice job, Dr. Venkmen, let’s check it out”. Sam rolled his eyes and gathered all the research before we headed outside.

Once Dean, Sam, and I turned the corner to head to the car we all stopped. There stood in front of us was Trevor, my ex-boyfriend. Dean started to fast walk over to Trevor, anger rolling off of him. He grabbed Trevor by his shirt and pinned him to a building wall “I thought I told you to stay the hell away from Shelby” Dean said. Sam and I jogged over to Dean and Trevor. “Dean, what the hell” Sam said confused.

“I know, I know you told me to stay away, but I had to talk to Shelby” Trevor said, putting his hands up in defense. “You aren't saying a word to her” Dean said “Dean, let him go, lets just hear him out” I said, setting my hand on his shoulder. Dean looked at Trevor before roughly letting him go. “What do you want to say” I asked Trevor, annoyed and angry but curious to know what he wanted to say.

“You must think we're crazy if you think” Dean started “yes” I said. Trevor and I walked a little further. Dean was about to fallow but Sam grabbed his arm and stopped him. “I told you to stay away” I said to Trevor when we were far enough away. “I know, but listen to me, I need to talk” “then talk” I said crossing my arms. “Your in danger, I came here to protect you”. “Protect me” I asked pointing to myself and dropping my arms “last I checked your the one who tried to kill me” I said. “I know, and I won't be able to ever forgive myself but please, you have to trust me” Trevor begged.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, turning around, about to walk away. “I know your secret” Trevor yelled to me. I stopped in my tracts for a second, surprised by his answer. I turned around and fast walked back up to him. “What secret” I asked and acted like I had no idea what he was talking about. “Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly what I'm talking about” Trevor said. I sighed “how did you know about that” I asked with a sigh. “I'm a demon, what do you think” Trevor said and I looked at the ground.

“Wait, Dean and Sam don't know, do they” Trevor asked with a small smile. I quick looked up at Trevor “I never told their names, you only knew Dean” I said. Trevor looked at the ground “you knew them all along, you knew who they were, who I was all along, didn't you” I asked mad. “Didn't you” I said a little louder. Trevor sighed “yes”. I shook my head and turned around to walk away “Shelby, you need to tell them” Trevor said and grabbed my arm.

Dean and Sam both took a step foreword but before the moved another step I turned around and punched Trevor hard in the face. He fell to the ground, holding his face and he looked at me with horror “leave me alone” I said, my voice seemed to change a little and I knew my eyes had changed as well. I blinked a few times before turning around and fast walking towards Sam and Dean. “Lets go” I said passing them and heading to the car. Dean and Sam looked at each other in shock for a minuet before turning around and heading to the car.