Chapter 25-remember that date?

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Elliott. So after that I had a really hard time finding a reason for being over there, ya know" sam said. I can tell Sam went through a lot, losing someone you care about is tough, it always will be.

"But your happy now, back in the world" Steve asked, he shifted his Weight onto his right leg.

Sam looked around playfully. "The number of people giving me orders is down to about zero. So hell yeah" Sam smiled. I laughed at his little joke.

"So are y'all thinking about getting out?" Sam asked looking between the two of us.

I let steve Answer first.

"No, I don't know. To be honest I don't know what I would do with myself if I did" Steve answered truthfully. damn, the star spangled man with a plan doesn't know what to do with himself.

"Ultimate fighting?" Sam laughed at his own joke. I chuckled at his humor.

"Just a great idea off the top of my head. Seriously, you could do whatever you want to do" Sam shrugged.

"What makes you happy?" Sam is just full of questions, I guess it's a habit from his job.

"I don't know"

Sam nodded looking over to me. "And you? Have you gotten out there?"

"You could say, I guess I like to lay low here and there" I shrugged.

"Well being an avenger doesn't help"

"Being a wolf dose" I grinned. My phone beeped, I looked at the message, it was from Natasha. "Remember that date you said we would go on? How about we go in a hour?" The message said.

I smiled at the text. "Sure thing, how does Chinese food sound?"

"Sounds grate"

"I'll pick you up in a hour, see you then" I put my phone back into my pocket, when I looked up I saw Sam and Steve both grinning at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Who's the girl?" Sam asked a little to excited. I chuckled at his childish reaction. "You remember that red head who picked me And Steve up the other day?"

Sam's eyes widened. "Her! Aye that's my man!" Sam playfully pushed my shoulder.

I laughed it off. "Yeah I know" it was kinda embarrassing but what else can you do.

Sam looked at his phone then looked back at me and Steve. "Well I gotta get going, I have a 6 o'clock workout"

"Yeah go ahead" I said, Steve shook his hand. "Thanks for the talk, we need to do this again sometime, just talk about ourselves and what makes us happy" steve started to ramble.

"Okay don't get all mushy now Steve" I chuckled.

Steve rolled his eyes. Sam nodded goodbye to us and left down the hall.

I looked back to steve. "Hay I'm sorry about what happened on our mission—"

Steve put his hand up cutting me off. "Oh don't worry about it, fury kinda cleared it up for me, but I don't agree with most of it"