Chapter twelve: Dreams no one could steal

Brianna was with her mother, getting ready to be wed.

John had left earlier, just as he had yesterday.

The morning went just as it was supposed to, and Brianna was beginning to get nervous.

"It's going to be fine, Brianna! John will treat you right!"

"I know! I'm not worried about that! I just— am I too young to love?"

Her mother cupped her face.

"No dear, if you know you love him, then you love him."

Brianna smiled. "Thanks mom. Now can you help me put on my dress?"

"Of course!" And she ran off to get it.

Eva had come back this morning, not recalling being kidnapped by Noah.

Brianna has chosen light colors for her makeup, to match her dress.

Her mother had done her hair in a simple flowing braid, with flowers scattered through it.

When her mother returned with the dress, it took them about 10 minutes to get it on properly.

Brianna made her mother tighten the corset as tight as she could make it, so she looked extra skinny.

Just then, Keith burst into the room. "Oh my! I'm very sorry dear!"

"Keith!" Brianna screamed. "What the hell! You aren't supposed to see me yet! God, please don't tell John!"

"Well John told me to come up here! And you look stunning love." Keith smiled.

Brianna calmed. "Thank you Keith."

"Y'know I forgot what I came up here for.... John just keeps going on about how happy he is to be with you, and all that and I just had to leave! Not that I don't love you, my dear! But it was getting incessant."

Brianna giggled. "Aww Keith, you know I'm glad you're a part of this family."

Keith almost blushed. "Well, I must say, I do bring the party!"

Brianna laughed.

"Well I'd better be off! John will notice I'm gone!"

"Good luck Keith!"

"You too, my dear." He said, and blew her a kiss.

Brianna smiled. Keith was a truly brilliant man.

John had told her of Keith's struggle with alcohol and near death experience with pills in 1978.

That made her respect him even more.

John had picked her a bouquet of flowers to carry down the aisle, that was sitting on her dresser.

She picked it up and looked in the mirror.

She looked stunning. Her mother was behind her, barely holding it together.

"Oh mom, don't cry! We have ten minutes to go!"

"I know! I know! Just give me a minute!"

Eva appeared in the doorway. "Hey! You gotta go, now!" She said breathlessly.

Brianna squealed. "Come on mom!"

The walked down the stairs and behind the house, so the wedding goers wouldn't see her.

She heard the music playing and started walking towards the aisle.

Everything seemed like a blur, up until she got to the altar.