A rehearsal and an new set of questions

Start from the beginning

"Mom, I'm so sorry I didn't hear you arrive." Veronica went to move away from Jacob and to her mother but was dismissed with just a wave of the older woman's hand.

"It's no trouble Veronica, I used to be just like you when I was your age." Renee's voice rung out as she sent what she hoped was a welcoming smile to the native boy stood with her daughter. She would recognise him anywhere from her daughters description and was just happy the two had finally acted on the feelings that almost anyone other than the two could tell were there. 

"Still I wanted to greet you when you first got here." Veronica tried to protest.

"You're a mother Veronica, take any opportunity to have a little couple time." Renee swatted her protests aside in the way Veronica knew only her mother could. She then watched as the older woman sent a small smile to her father before moving towards Matthew. The toddler had frozen in the living room upon hearing the familiar voice. 

"Granma" The toddler spoke out as he rushed to the older woman, considering the last time he had seen her was his birthday and to the young boy three months felt like forever. 

"Hello Matty, have you been a good boy for your Mom?" Renee asked the toddler who sent her a wide smile and nodded head. 

"Matty always good boy for Mommy and Daddy." The toddler reaffirmed his grandmother making grabbing motions with his hands as a motion for his grandmother to pick him up. Renee quickly obliged picking the small boy up and carrying him back towards his adoptive parents. 

"Oh Mom you don't have to do that? He has to understand at some point that he can't be carried everywhere." Veronica tried to protest once again. 

"No need to sweetie, let's save your Dad's back before it completely goes in his old age." Her mother responded the teasing aimed at her ex husband. Veronica was just happy to see her parents get along even in a civil manner, she knew there was no chance that they would ever get back together properly for all romantic feelings were long gone, but seeing them act friendly and civil towards each other was a nice sentiment. 

"Very funny, Renee, oh shoot look at the time, we should probably make a move." Charlie replied as he caught a glimpse at the time on the kitchen clock, he was right they had about 20 minutes until the dinner was supposed to start and the Cullen property, where the wedding was to be held, was about a 10 minute drive out. It wouldn't be rather bright for the bride's family to be late to the rehearsal dinner. 

The group of four, and the toddler, made their way out of the Swan property, well Matthew didn't have to do much as he was still being carried by his Grandmother. The small group headed towards Charlie's car considering it was the bigger of the two five seater cars which Renee would get in, she had outrightly refused to take Jacob's truck. For Phil would not be arriving until tomorrow and the pair would travel together separately on the day of the actual wedding. Approaching the car, Renee was more than happy to strap the toddler into his car seat in the back before walking around to the passenger seat. Veronica took the middle seat in the back, considering its relatively small size and the fact that Jacob was built like a tank. Soon enough the bridal party was on their way.

The journey was filled with small chatter as Renee took the time to question her youngest, especially about her friendships and her relationship with the native boy sat beside her. The grilling was one of a very excited mother and she couldn't blame her for she hadn't really explained to her mother the changes in their relationship. And sure her mother had been present for Matthew's birthday but everything was relatively new then so this was just a thing that hadn't overly been discussed. 

Soon enough they pulled up outside the Cullens house and Veronica got to see her mother's face of utter bewilderment at just the size of the place. It was almost funny and she could see why her mother assumed that Bella was marrying into the Cullen family for money. The house was somewhere between a house and a mansion.