Chapter Two: Guidance From an Apostle

Start from the beginning

Satanael: You referring to Fenrir?

Fenrir: I am.

Satanael: !?

Fenrir: As to why I'm here, it's simple enough: To guide you through the land of the gods as we restructure the distribution of power amongst them.

Satanael: "Them" being gods?

Fenrir: Correct.

The young man's head dipped downward in disbelief.

Satanael: What the hell have you gotten me into....?

Fenrir: To make it as simple for you as possible, you need to make a name for yourself, with the blessing of the wind Goddess, Gemini. The reason for it being the sudden consumption of power being held by the fire god, Aries.

Satanael: Why does it sound like a warmonger's name?

Satanael: Ok? What about him?

Fenrir: To put it frankly, the four gods of this world are strictly divided based on a series of different things, the most notable being elements and personalities. For example, the wind goddess, Gemini, represents innovation and adventure; The water god, Pisces, represent emotions and mystery; The earth goddess, Capricorn, represents nature and peace; And the fire god, Aries, represents power and strength.

Satanael: Ok, so there's a god for every element, oddly named after a zodiac... unless Aries isn't a zodiac. Not sure on that one. Still...

Fenrir: Four elements with equal amounts of power within this land they've created together. The problem now lies within that balance of power. With the recent introduction of the Adventurer's Guild within the Muran Empire, the inhabitants of this world have watched as those blessed by the fire god become great heroes and heroines, thus changing people's beliefs in the others.

Satanael: I think I see where this is going...

Fenrir: The more people who believe in Aries, the more powerful he becomes. That, mixed with his hot blooded personality...

Satanael: A war among gods.

Fenrir: A war among everyone. Not just gods.

Satanael: Ah.... So why me?

Fenrir: A few things really... Technically, you're not the wind goddess' chosen one, but rather the demon's cursed one...

Satanael: !?

Fenrir: But since you've escaped the lord's castle, I wouldn't worry too about it.

Satanael: Then if I'm not associated with the wind goddess...

Fenrir: You're not associated with anyone, hence the lack of any blessings. The God Eaters that your world has created are plenty scary enough without any blessings.

Satanael: And how do you know of my world?

Fenrir: Remember when I said that this world was one that the four gods created together?

The young man nodded.

Fenrir: That does not mean that it's their only creation. Each one has their own... Let's call it "side project".

The young man's anger began to show as the realization was dawning on him.

Satanael: You're telling me that the Ashlands-!?