Awake

Shouta wakes up a few hours later (an actual reasonable time) to Hizashi's goddamn alarm going off like crazy. Said man is wrapped around Shouta making him unable to turn it off. So, Shouta does the next best (totally reasonable) thing. He goes really close to his husbands ear and just yells.

"GET UP ZASHI!!"

At that Hizashi all but jumps up in a state of panic. With his initial shock Shouta is able to sneak out of his arm and turn off the still blaring alarm. Once he turns it off he checks the time.

7:32 AM

Great. At least it's not 2:30 in the morning (again).

"I'm going to check on Chiyo and the kid. Can you start some coffee?"

"Mhm." Hizashi groans with his face shoved in a pillow. Shouta rolls his eyes and knows that he'll just have to make his own coffee. He just accepts it and gets up to leave. As he does so he realizes the cat is no where to be found and the door cracked open a tiny bit. That little shit probably got out last night.

He just hopes Chiyo didn't notice.

Once he finally gets up and out into the kitchen, he starts on his coffee. As it's brewing he steps into the living room to check on Chiyo. He still not sure if she ended up in the guest room or not. Knowing her, he doubts she would have left the boy alone. Both for everyone in the apartments safety and his. For all they know this kid could wake up and try to kill them. He'll probably be in fight or flight mode since he doesn't known where he is.

As soon as he entered he notices that the boy is now curled up in a blanket with the missing cat. He turns to the chair where Chiyo is sitting and raises and eyebrow at her.

"He got cold during the night. Shaking so much and so violently I could have mistaken it for a seizure. The cat just showed up and he responded well to her. It's interesting how he's basically in a coma yet responds to soft things. Was he at any time awake before I arrived?"

"No. Knocked out cold from the second I found him. Can you tell what happened to him?"

"My best guesses are that either someone with a talon quirk attacked him or an animal got to him. Remember, this didn't happen recently. It happened nine years ago for us because won the quirk but for him it was hours ago. It'll be a shock for him once he wakes up."

"So what do we do when he wakes up? Do we even tell him about the de-aging quirk?"

"I think it would be best to wait till we know he's mentally stable enough to be told that information."

The coffee machine beeps from the kitchen and Shouta offers her some which she politely declines.

"Don't worry about me. I'm not much of a coffee person myself. Is that loud husband of yours awake?"

"He was. Probably isn't now. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine." She says waving him off. "I'm going to bring him to UA around lunch time if he still isn't awake. If he starts to wake up I'll call you and get to UA as fast as possible. You better pick up that phone young man."

"I'm 31." He groans.

"Still young. Now, get ready for work. The students will be there before you at this rate."

"Good. It's to early for that bullshit."

The short woman takes her cane and smacks the back of Shouta's head (not hard enough to actually hurt him of course). "Be nice to them!"

He mumbles a quiet, sorry and stumbles back into the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

It's going to be a long day.