Chapter 2:Curiosity (1/2)

This chapter is going to be split into two parts.

😁😁😁

(Y/N)'s POV

I push myself away from the railing and spin on my heel to face the relatively quiet street ahead of me. Taking my wireless blue flame headphones, that my aunt got me for my birthday a year earlier, off from around my neck where they had been hanging, to put them on my head. Hiding my pointy elf-like ears under them in the process, giving my hair a well earned break. I take my phone out of the back pocket of my skinny jeans, skipping to (F/s) and pushing play.

What your headphones look like        Music playing loudly in my ears, drowning out my recently interrupted thoughts, as I walk down the less crowded streets

Music playing loudly in my ears, drowning out my recently interrupted thoughts, as I walk down the less crowded streets. I mindlessly scan through the people who are around, seeing nothing too interesting just a couple of drunk men; girls going crazy over the Paladin; a boy with a tail; grou- 'WAIT A MINUTE...A BOY WITH A TAIL' I mentally scold myself and stop dead in my tracks. Snapping my head towards him - I see he's walking with two other people, a guy with two-tone hair in a mohawk-type style and a girl quite a bit shorter than him, with short blonde hair. The boy himself was average height - a little taller than me - with navy blue hair, pointy ears, a black tail - much like mine - and a red sword bag slung over his shoulder.

Curiosity got the better of me and my body started moving without my say so. I was running towards the boy from behind but stealthily, like Syberis had taught me to; when I was 9 years-old. Before I knew what was happening, I had already done a full-on, sideways hand spring over the shorter girl, just high enough not to hit her in the head. Causing her to squeak out of shock and fear. While in mid-air, as if everything was in slow motion, I somehow managed to undo the black strap buckles at the top of the boy's sword bag. Just enough to pull out the enclosed sword and land perfectly on my feet - a few meters ahead of the three of them, facing away, sword in hand.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" the boy with two-toned hair yelled from behind me. Holding the sword in both hands, one on
the hilt of the sword and the other near the middle of the cover, tracing my thumb over the engraved patterns on it. I slowly turn around to meet three stunned faces. Seeing his sword in my hands his face contorts into one of shock, fear and pure anger. "HEY... GIVE IT BACK!!" he yells at me, trying not let me hear the slight shakiness in his voice. I smirked and pulled my headphones off my head, down to hang around my neck once again, while my hair fell perfectly over my ears to hide them. "Don't worry I'm not going to open it, I know exactly what happens if I do that." I said resting the sword on my shoulder, like one would with a baseball bat, holding it by the hilt with my one hand.

The boy with the two-toned hair looked as though he was ready to fight me, I mean I have no idea why. The girl just stayed still and stared at me with a look of both shock and confusion in her eyes. Finally breaking the tense silence that I didn't even notice had fallen between the four of us, I said, "You really should watch over it more closely, it wasn't exactly hard to take from you." He had a dumbfounded look on his face but at the same time a curious one too. Taking the sword in one hand by the top of the cover I held it out to him. He grabbed the hilt firmly, as he did so, I tightened my grip on the cover a little. When he pulled on the hilt in order to take his sword back from me, he ended up drawing the sword about a few centimeters out of it's imprisonment. He burst into brilliant blue flames, two small embers on his head in the form of horns, a flame on the end of his tail and the rest of his body engulfed in blue flames. The looks on his friend's faces told me that they weren't used to seeing him like this yet. I, however, thought he looked absolutely magnificent in all his blue glory.

Out of pure amusement, that he had fallen into my little trap, and awe at his brilliant blue flames, I smirked again. "You should also watch a strangers grip on the cover," I said and pushed the sword closed and at the same time pushing the back of the hilt into his chest. We were in a relatively quiet street with not many people around, so no one had seen him covered in blue flames. With that, I let go of the sword - letting it fall - and spun on my heel, leaving a very shocked and confused Rin Okumura and company in the middle of the side walk.

'Wow, it really was him' I thought to myself. I'd remember those striking blue orbs anywhere. Identical to his fraternal twin brother's eyes. The same ones I was met with eleven years ago, when the small boy to whom they belonged had asked me if I wanted to play with the two of them. While my adoptive brother, Syberis, had been meeting with the high priest of the Southern Cross Boys' Monastery and Paladin of his time, Shiro Fujimoto.

Word count: 957