Chapter 15

(Adrien POV)

It had been two months since Ladybug had told me she wasn't ready to reveal her identity just yet. Still no akumas had happened so we were patrolling less which then led to seeing each other late. Some nights I would transform (much to Plagg's dismay) and just jump from rooftop to rooftop when I couldn't sleep. I loved the fresh air, it was my break from reality. School had been hectic with final exams and applying to college. Somehow Nino, Alya, Marinette and I had all applied to the same college and had gotten accepted. Nino and I were planning on sharing a dorm with Alya and Marinette just across the hall. I was so exited for a fresh start and looking forward to the future.

Therapy had been going really well and I was making slow progress with my past. I was a lot more open with people and no longer had to hide my emotions behind a fake smile. My mask was slowly coming off and showing my true personality.

Tom and Sabine were as welcoming as always, I loved living with Marinette and her parents. They were an amazing family and constantly reminded me of the family I had longed for my entire life. Tom and I got on great constantly cracking puns and jokes whilst Marinette and Sabine just rolled their eyes and tutted. Although I know Marinette was secretly laughing at the fact my 'Chat Noir' side was showing. 

I sat in my side of the room with Plagg munching on some Camembert. I had just finished packing the last of my clothes into a suitcase ready for college in September when I got a text from Marinette to come and meet me by the river. I quickly got my shoes on and made sure Plagg was inside my jacket pocket.

I walked down to the riverside and saw Marinette's figure standing looking out to the distance. I walked to her side and she looked at me smiling. "Is everything okay?" I asked. She looked back out to the distance. I looked out to the river and shivered. Memories of my suicide attempt flashed across my mind. I was so glad I was alive now, I regretted even trying to commit suicide..

"Sorry I know it's a bad place for you.." Marinette said. "It's fine" I smiled "It just reminds me of a mistake I never should've done.." I looked back out to the distance. We stood there next to each other in silence for a few minutes. I wrapped my arm around Marinette's shoulder when it started to get a bit colder. She looked up at me "Adrien?" Marinette asked. I looked down at her "Yeah?" I asked. "Can I tell you why I chose to meet here?" I nodded. "It's because it's reminds me of a time when I found out your identity and now I get to show you my identity on this very same spot" Marinette pulled away from the hug and smiled at me. I looked at her confused. "Tikki spots on" She recited the transformation sequence and a pink flash emerged. I covered my eyes.

When I opened them Ladybug was standing where Marinette used to be. "Marinette?" I asked slightly shocked. "Hey Chaton" She waved. I hugged her immediately smiling. "It was you all along!" I let go of her. Ladybug detransformed back to Marinette smiling. I leaned in to her until our lips were almost touching.

(Third person)

Marinette blushed deeply. Their lips were so close they were almost touching. "I love you so much, thank you for everything" Adrien whispered a deep blush covering his cheeks. Marinette smiled "I love you too minou" She whispered. The stars appeared in the night sky. The moon shone brightly reflecting on the water. Fireflies danced above them blending in like little stars. Their lips touched and their eyes closed. They kissed. Years of partnership and love. Years of heartbreak and rejection. Years of torture and longing poured into one kiss. They were two parts of a puzzle.. Soulmates.

She healed him..

He was whole once again..

She had mended his broken soul..