INTRODUCTION

'Two households, both alike in dignity
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage
The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.'
~Shakespeare

It's inevitable isn't it? We see it everywhere. The jungle, the seas, skies, everywhere. It has to happen.
Leave two lion prides in the jungle, eventually the two kings will fight. For their honor. For dominance. To prove that they are in fact, the most powerful.

But with animals there's a dignity to it. Animals follow a code. They have honor.

We're not animals. We're humans. We're even more susceptible to the allure of the darkness than animals. To rule. To enjoy the luxuries life has to offer even if they're wicked as sin.
To have everyone know and accept that you are the most powerful one. That no one can cross you and get away with it. And if anyone does get away with it, it's because you were feeling particularly merciful at the time.

Its pathetic isn't it? We fight and struggle not knowing that in our pursuit, we directly carve out the path of our downfall.

This is the story of two families with power running in their veins. Power is all they know. Like an addict trying to find their next high, they play with the dangers in life, finding their joy in it.

Most often this joy ends up destroying them. It has in the past and it will in the future.

Or will they survive?

Read this story of your own volition. If you get involved in this world, we don't know what will happen to you.

To the metropolitan city of St. Crux, the darkness is always welcome. It embraces the children of the night and gives them the ability to do whatever their dark heart desire.

The darkest hearts of them all, probably belonged to two men. The men who ruled all the others. The men who established legacies that live on even today. The men who hated each other from the bottom of their rotten hearts.

The city was split under these powers.
Carlos De La Cruz and Anatoly Vasiliev were not men to be toyed with. And everyone knew it. Even if someone tried to cross them, their efforts were quite futile and they quickly realised the error of their ways.

The De La Cruz clan and Vasiliev clan did not get along. It's almost a tradition at this point for either of the clan members to maim a new member of the other clan if they accidentally trespassed or didn't know to tread lightly.

And war was a common outcome of these encounters between the clan members. And the leaders did not shy away from feeding into the rage. At least until eight years ago according to history.

It was a particularly cold winter evening when the second in command of The De La Cruz clan barged into his boss's office, panting and red faced. An important and valuable shipment of drugs had gone missing and all the evidence indicated that the bold crime was committed by their arch enemy.