Chapter 17- Fated Marks

Midoriya's POV

"Hey Kacchan..I forgot your spicy noodles so was hoping we can share my katsudon?", I said, unsure of what I just requested. Kacchan moved to the side of the bed and patted a spot for me. I smiled as a blush crept onto my face. I sat down by him as we both began to eat the katsudon. "Ya know, I've been think about the future and...I wanna work with you", I said. Kacchan looked over at me, confused as ever. "Well I mean, As for how much I want you to work with me, I won't let you. You still wanna beat me to that number 1 spot right?", He said with a smirk.

I gasped quietly. How could I have been so stupid? This whole soulmate stuff has got to get out of my way. Sure I still love Kacchan, but he's right. I need to focus on becoming a pro hero and beating him. I grinned and put down my chopsticks. "Yeah I guess you're right but you have to promise me that no matter what I am to you, I don't want you to go easy on me. Got it?", I said. He nodded and took another bite of the food. "You can have the rest. I'm starting to get tired.", I said. Kacchan nodded and took the bowl. I wrapped myself in his blankets and started to think more about it. 'What are we gonna do with ourselves...'.

A few hours later, I woke up to a crashing noise coming from Kirishima's room. I jumped right up and got out of Kacchan's bed. Surprisingly he didn't wake up. I quietly opened the door and closed it, walking to Kirishima's room. Before I had a chance to knock, I heard him sobbing quietly. I then knocked and opened the door slowly. "Kirishima..Are you ok?", I said in a soft voice. I looked into his room. His room was a mess. His desk was tipped over and everything on it was on the floor. I looked over towards him. He was sitting by his desk in the corner.

I shut the door and slowly walked towards him. "Kiri...What's the matter?", I asked. I stopped and kneeled down to his level. "I...My soulmate m-mark...", Kirishima managed to say through his sobs. He showed me his hands and wrists. They were gone? I grabbed his hands and lifted him up. He hugged me and cried. I was shocked by his sudden move. I hugged him and rubbed his back. "Kirishima...I'm sorry..", I said. Kirishima gripped onto my shirt as he got back onto his knees, laying his head into his hands. I kneeled down and looked at him. "They're g-gone...I don't..understand...", He said quietly. I sighed and sat down beside him.

"C-Can you get M-Mina for me...", He said. I nodded and got up. "Are you gonna be okay yourself?", I asked. He nodded and curled up in a ball. I opened the door and quickly got my phone. I then dialed Uraraka's number. "Deku? What are you doing up so late?", She said. I sighed and began to speak. "I need you to wake up Mina and tell her to come to Kirishima's room", I explained. I heard her shuffle around. "Why what happened?", She asked. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "No time to explain. Just wake her up and tell her", I said. I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket.

Not too long after that, I seen Mina walking down the hallway. "What happened?", Mina asked. I looked at her worried and opened Kirishima's door slowly. She gasped and quickly but quietly walked over to him. "What's the matter Kiri?", She said. Kirishima hugged her tightly. Mina hugger back. She put a thumb up, signaling that everything will be alright. I nodded and closed the door.

I walked back into Kacchan's room. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Where the hell were you?", He asked. I sighed and layed down beside him. "I don't wanna talk about it", I said to him. Kacchan layed down and wrapped his arms around me. "What's bothering you..", Kacchan whispered. I shuddered and sat up. "I just...Had to help someone, that's all", I whispered.

Shortly after I said that, we both heard Kirishima sobbing again. Kacchan and I got up and rushed into Kirishima's room. "K..Kiri I...", Kacchan said. Mina put a finger up to her lips, telling us to be quiet. Kacchan began to walk closer. I closed the door and walked behind Kacchan. "..Why me...It could have been anyone, but it h-had to be me..", Kirishima quietly said. Kacchan looked at his wrists and noticed his marks were gone. "Kiri, calm down. It's gonna be ok", Kacchan said. It's weird. I've never seen him act so kind before, but here we are.

I walked up to Kirishima and gave him a hug. I noticed his breathing was a bit fast, and his body was trembling. I then realized what was happening. "Mina. Go get Mr. Aizawa", I said. Mina nodded and left the room. Kacchan put a hand on my shoulder and looked at Kirishima concerned. "What's going on?", He asked. I looked back at him, still hugging Kirishima. "He's having a panic attack", I said. I repeatedly told Kirishima 'it's going to be ok' and 'don't worry, help is on the way'. Not too long afterwards, Mr. Aizawa walked into his room. "I got it from here, you guys get back to your rooms", He demanded. The three of us nodded and left the room.

3rd Person POV

"So are you gonna come back to my room or are you going back to your own room?", Bakugou asked the greenette. Midoriya grabbed Bakugou's hand and looked at him. "I'm gonna sleep in your room, duh", Midoriya said. Bakugou smirked as they both walked into his room. "I'm surprised you can walk", Midoriya teased as he layed down on the bed. Bakugou blushed and glared at Midoriya. "W-Whatever nerd", He said as he layed down. Midoriya giggled and sighed. "I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep at all..", He said.

Midoriya then turned towards Bakugou, who was clearly tired. "We can talk until you fall asleep", Bakugou suggested. He yawned and stretched. Midoriya shook his head as he put his head against his chest. Bakugou shrugged as he sighed. The two of them soon fell asleep, Midoriya barely managing to do so.

-One week later-

"Guys look! I have another set of marks!", Kirishima yelled. Mina, Midoriya, Sero, and Kaminari ran over to the common area, curious about how he got his marks back. "Whoa! Is that even possible?!", Sero asked. The four of them were all confused. Kaminari took a glance at them and immediately knew who his soulmate was. 'Dude...What the hell', Kaminari thought. "It's possible. People seem to call it fated marks", Midoriya explained. Kirishima observed his new soulmate marks. It was a black "×" with three lines under it.

Kaminari started to worry about this situation. He grabbed Midoriya's wrist and lead his away from the group and into the kitchen. "Ok Midoriya, I need to tell you something and I swear if you tell anyone I will electrocute you in your sleep, got it?", Kaminari whispered. He didn't want to sound threatening or anything so he toned it down. Midoriya nodded and stood there like he was being held at gun point. Kaminari inhaled slowly, then sighed. "Remember when we went to Yaoyorozu's house for that sleep over, and we all showed our marks?", Kaminari asked. Midoriya nodded as memories started to flow into his mind. He shook his head and focused. "Ok so...I may or may not have drawn on fake marks to blend in", Kaminari mumbled. It took a while for Midoriya to process everything that was going on, then it hit him.

"You're Kirishima's fated soulmate"

_____________________________________

Hello reader! I decided to make this chapter dramatic? (If that's what you guys wanna call it) Also- I don't really know how to end this so...Yeah. Hope ye enjoyed! Peace out!

~Danti

[Word Count: 1345]