YASMEENA AHMED

*TRIGGER WARNING*
Anxiety.
Adoption.
Bullying.
Also, her religious experience is just one interpretation of Islam. Others may follow strict rules or only certain parts of Islam. I'm a Muslim myself so I'll use my own experiences and the experience of some of my friends.

Name
Yasmeena Watson

Nickname(s)
Yaz
Meena

Age
16

Gender
Female

Sexual Orientation
Asexual

Romantic Orientation
Biromantic

Face Claim
Zoha Ahmed

Personality
Yaz is a sensible girl. She has a good head on her shoulders and likes to use it to help her navigate tricky situations, though she listens to her heart too. Although highly intelligent, her social awkwardness has led her to be mocked by her peers. Her friends help her realise it's ok to be goofy and smart, but she lacks confidence due to the years of bullying she has faced and still faces. Yaz puts on a brave face for her friends and uses her great sense of humour to make others laugh. Yaz is not judgmental to others at all, but she is highly critical of herself.

Background
Born and raised in Mulridge, Yaz was adopted from her local children's home when she was 7. Her parents Dianne and Christopher Watson were keen on raising Yaz as a Muslim, as this was how her birth parents raised her. They were young parents so wanted to put a modern spin on raising her. Yaz had a loving family environment, but felt very disconnected from her culture. Yaz was allowed to meet up with her birth parents and her other relatives, who were very warm and welcoming towards her. She learned a lot more about her culture, and during this time she started to question her sexual and romantic orientation. Unsure of how her biological and adopted family would react, Yaz kept it a secret. She constantly felt the need to prove herself to others, so never saw the appeal in thinking about relationships any way. Dianne and Christopher adopted an 11 year old boy a few weeks after Yaz's 11th birthday, and the pair are inseparable. Her adopted brother, Emrys, is deemed more popular than Yaz, but he regularly defends her and thinks her 'dorkiness' is great.

Other

She wears her hijab to school and outside of school, but occasionally takes it off or styles it differently.

Yaz started an anti-bullying group after her bullying struggles.

She founded the group. She started it when she was at a really low point in her life.

She knows British and American Sign Language.

She has a babysitting job.