07. suck it up, buttercup

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈╮02

02.06: presenting lorelai gilmore
07: ❝ suck it up, buttercup 
╰┈┈┈┈┈𑁍ࠬ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

✨☕️✨

     "Did you know Caesar goes to Chilton?" Everleigh questions, jumping in the bed next to Blaze.

     "Isn't that the same school Rory goes to?" Blaze adds, glancing at her as she leans against the bed frame — copying her boyfriend's position.

    "Yeah," The girl nods as she plays with her fingers, " But I just never expected him to be a private school type of guy."

    "Well, maybe he got in because he's smart." Her boyfriend suggests.

     That made her head shot back up and stare at him with brows intertwined, "But I'm smart."

     He slowly starts leaning in with a smile lingering on his lips, kissing her cheek, "I know you are."

    Pouting, she continues complaining, "Then why can't I be a Chilton girl?"

    Blaze leans back and tilts his head, "Why is this such a big of a deal to you?"

    The girl hesitates for a second, "It's not, I am just surprised about Caesar." She looks down, " That's all."

    "Okay, good. " Not seeing the bothered look on his girlfriend's face, the boy leans closer to her once again. Wrapping his hand around her waist to pull her closer to him, "Can we just go back to kissing now?"

    Everleigh glances at him and rolls her eyes but gives her full divided attention to her boyfriend as she wraps her hands around his face, "Fine."

     But just as the girl starts pulling her boyfriend closer to her, a voice calls out her name from outside of her room. Making not only her eyes but also Blaze's eyes go wide in panic. The boy jumps at her dad's voice and the girl accidentally pushes the guy off the bed, making him fall on the ground with a loud thud.

     "Eve?" She hears her dad's voice getting closer to her room, "Are you home?"

    Panicking both teens jump up on their feet and throw their hands in air; both sharing the same expressions. Everleigh grabs Blaze by hand and drags him to her hiding spot. Just as the girl pushes him into the closet, she leans against the closet door to keep it shut and her dad walks in.

    Flustered, the girl greets, "Oh, hi."

    "Hi?" Her dad eyes her with a suspicious look and looks around her room, "You okay?"

    " Me? Yeah, fine." The girl pushes strand of hair away from her face as she exhales heavily, "Why — why would you ask?"

    Raising a brow, her dad states, " Heard a bang and you're out of breath."