chapter nine

"Wish I were Heather
Wish I were Heather„

The kiss was chaste, not entire passion, not fierce, but just a gentle brush of lips that still managed to lit up a fire in both of their chests.

Scorpius, whose eyes were wide open, felt as if his heart was speeding each second faster and faster then the second before. As if it was going to explode by the range of different emotions he was feeling in that precise moment.
Albus felt the same way.

Their tongues didn't need to battle for dominance. They didn't meet nor they touched the other more than they should've. Yet, they stayed that way, their lips brushing in a pure, chaste kiss.

Albus wished he could have done that every single day. In the morning, before leaving the dungeons and the night before going to bed. All of a sudden he felt a burst of jealousy at the thought that Rose could do that every day and he didn't.

The brunet also felt like crying again at the thought that that was temporary, just a moment and that the second they would have looked into each other's eyes, Scorpius would have despised him.

Because Scorpius, Scor, was his best friend. Nothing less. Nothing more. And best friends don't kiss, right?

On the other hand, the blond watched as the shorter stood up immediately after having torn apart. Before the grey-eyed could have even opened his mouth to speak, Albus had already run away, far from him, far from what had just happened.

Scorpius, confused and disoriented as if he had just woke up from a sleep lasted one hundred years, raised his finger, his index, and place it on his lips, where Albus' were until less than a minute ago.

The realisation that kissing Rose had never made him feel that way hit him right in the chest. Right in the heart.