chapter four

"Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater
It's just polyester, but you like her better
Wish I were Heather„

Albus' world collapsed onto him when he found out that Scorpius had given one of his sweaters to Rose.

It was a Saturday morning when she saw her sitting at the Slytherin table in front of them, well, in front of the blond, with a grey, large sweater, one he had already seen on someone else.

That, someone, was Scorpius.

«Hey, love, can you pass me the pumpkin juice?» the Gryffindor giggled, smiling to the blond next to the green-eyed.

What hurt the most was the fact that the brunet couldn't even hate her. He understood what his best friend had seen in her: she had long, curly hair, the colour of chocolate like her eyes. Her smile was perfect, her freckles adorable. His cousin was pretty, Albus couldn't deny it. Besides she was popular at school, the first of their class and a star of the Gryffindor quidditch team.

«Here it is.» The young Malfoy poured the juice in her cup.

Even if Scorpius had felt attraction towards males, he would have never chosen Albus. And he knew it.

Why would he ever even kiss him? He was not even half as pretty.