"Not in so many words."

"Do you want her back?"

He stared into her honey brown eyes and shook his head. "I don't want Christopher to not know his mother, but I don't...if we were to start talking divorce, I wouldn't fight it at all."

"You think you're ready to move on?" She tilted her head to the side, dark hair spilling over her shoulder while her brows furrowed.

"I've been ready."

///

"Ever consider going into professional decorating?" Hen called as she passed Mariana another toy. The brunette laughed at her friend's comment and shook her head.

"Then I wouldn't have the boys at my every bidding," she sang.

"She was up until three in the morning baking cookies. I honestly don't know how she has this much energy," Eddie muttered to Buck.

"Dude, I went to the bathroom at like two and she was still baking," Buck said. "She was worried we would run out."

"And it looks like we aren't. See? I'm smart." Mariana appeared behind Buck and nabbed one of the cookies. "Baker gets to at least sample it."

"Uh huh, sure," Buck drawled out, sneakily grabbing half of her cookie and popping it in his mouth. She narrowed her eyes playfully at him and nudged him with her shoulder. He grinned down at her and tugged on her braid.

Chimney cleared his throat, pulling their attention away from one another and back to their three teammates who were staring at them in varying degrees of unimpressed.

"I should help Eddie with toys." "I'll go grab more boxes." "Yeah."

They pulled away and headed to their respective station. Mariana loved seeing how happy the kids were as they got the sweet treats and making fun of Buck was just an added bonus.

"...we can actually have a conversation that doesn't end up in a screaming match."

Mari, Buck, and Chim all glanced over at Eddie and the woman standing in front of him. Mariana's eyes darted back and forth between them and she realized what was going on. He looked to her with an expression that seemed like one full of regret and she offered him her attempt at a comforting smile.

"Fine then. Follow me," he grit out, leading Shannon towards the locker room.

"That's his ex," Buck said once they were gone.

"Mhmm."

"And they're going to talk."

"Looks like it."

"And you're not worried about it at all?"

"Why should I be, Buck? Eddie and I are just friends. Just like you and I are friends."

Chimney and Buck shared a look before they went back to work, acting like nothing happened. Mariana's eyes kept darting over to look at the two people fighting in the locker room. Eddie looked defeated and angry, his whole body tense and his eyes hard. He stormed out of the locker room, stopping and standing by the stairs in an attempt to gather his bearings.

"Should I...?" Mari started.

"Go," Chimney hissed.

She hurried out from behind the counter, the fluffy white puff ball at the end of her Santa's hat bouncing with every step, and walked swiftly over to Eddie. Mariana slowly approached and laid a hand on his shoulder. He whirled around, anger written on his face that immediately melted away once he saw her. Wide eyes full of concern, Mariana gently took hold of his hand and squeezed it.