Will she make a new best friend, too? Will I lose our special bond for forever?

I can't let that happen. After many upheavals, my heart won and I decided to forget all about it; only then I could sleep.

It's seven in the morning when I woke up. I wonder if she will awake or looking forward to reach me. My departure is at 2pm, does she know?

Do come, Maan. I'm missing you.

Pov Ends

Manyata took a bath and prepared fresh cookies for her best friend

Manyata took a bath and prepared fresh cookies for her best friend. She also made lovely hand-made cards to put together with her apology letter.

But sadly, she went to sleep after working hard.

Abhi was expecting Manyata at all times. She was nowhere to be found, though.
His temperament was getting better.

Manyata woke up around 11:30. The ground under her seems to be longer than ever as she took her presents and ran to Mittal's house. She was greeted by Priya and Rishabh but her focus was on the stairs leading to his room.

"Aunty, where is Abhi?"Manyata inquired of her aunt, knowing well where his room was.

"Have you ever had time to meet your best friend?" He's been waiting since morning, Maan," said Priya, showing false anger.

Manyata ran into his bedroom and did not knock. Niharika was already sitting on his bed and had bought plenty of farewell gifts.

Abhi saw Manyata and embraced him as though his life depended upon her. Niharika quickly wished the two farewell because it's time for her summer camp classes.

Abhi shut that door as soon as she left. Manyata gave him her presents and a watch that she bought him.

She kept repeating apologies for him to shut up by putting his lips on her. Manyata widened her eyes of surprise, she blushed and began to leave the room. The next second she was trapped between him and the door.

"Promise me! I will be your only best friend," Abhi expressed her fear and sought her consent.

"You will always. And the same goes for you", Manyata assured and demanded the same. Apologies and disputes have long been forgotten.

"I agree. Promise me! You will never speak to any boy except your brothers," asked Abhi.

Manyata was laughing, but he was staring at her.

"Okay, I promise my Bff and again same rule for you," she bargained.

"I agree. Promise me! You will persuade Uncle Aunt to admit you to my boarding school," he pleaded.

"That's impossible Abhi. I'm not as bright as you. I will never be able to pass the test,' said Manyata.

"I'll help with school when I come back on break," Abhi traded.

"Okay, I will", she confirmed it.

"Will you miss me?" asked Abhi obsessionally.

"Why will I miss you?" Manyata wondered out of surprise.

"Won't you miss me if I'm not there with you?" Abhi attempted to explain the actual situation.

"I'll be following you soon Abhi", she tweeted with determination.

"Deal?" He said, and she nodded, "Deal."

"Should we seal the deal, then?" Abhi asked.

"Yes", Manyata assured.

At the next instant, Abhi leaned forward, placing his hand on the left side of the door, he brought his right hand to her neck, placing his forehead on her own. They looked into one another's eyes. none wants to walk away. No more resentments, no more anger. Moving at an equal pace, the two put their lips one against the other and sealed the accord.

"Abhi-Man come downstairs for lunch otherwise we will get late for flight." Priya called the children.

" Priya called the children