Time passed by and it was finally the duel, the most awaited event for today. As to why they needed to join the duel, one of the prizes for the top fifteen contenders will have a chance to pull out the trident. Chersh and Chanel couldn't fight, so Night was the only perfect candidate to join.

More and more battle in the big arena. A lot of contenders suffered injuries and wounds. At last, it was Night's turn. Chanel stood in the corner, a perfect spot enough for her to watch him. He was wearing a mask and a black cloak. He also used magic to conceal his true identity. The man he was going to fight was big and muscular. He wore nothing on his top and kept on flaunting his biceps and abs to the ladies. The ladies watching on the other hand were drooling. Chanel could only smirk.

"Let's see what you got."

By that time, the prince finally came so the duel between the muscular guy and Night was halted. A loud trumpet was again played and was followed by a loud announcement that the prince had come.

"Prince Azariel, ruler of Rivetia, commander of the Serpents."

Kumunot-noo doon si Chanel. Commander of the Serpents?

"The children of Rivetia greets our prince. May the sea bless you and guide us well." All of the people chanted back and held their hands high as if they were praying. She was the only one who didn't do it. Her eyes remained at the prince who now sat on the throne and smiled in front of them.

Unbelievable... Chanel thought. Why all of the princes had this beauty? Razerus was in fact really handsome. And the prince in front of her was also at par of his brother. He wore a blue suit, his long straight white hair shone under the sun, and his ocean enigmatic eyes stood out the most. It was the same color that the people were wearing right now. The color of Rivetia, the sea, the ocean... White and Blue. And he looked exactly like it.

His beauty was breathtaking.

She followed the gaze of the prince and it landed on Night. He was staring at him. She looked back at the prince was almost startled when their eyes met. But when she blinked, his eyes were already somewhere else and he was smiling again. For a moment, Chanel froze.

What the hell was that?

"Let the duel recommence!" The announcer shouted at the top of his lungs.

Chanel once again was nervous. She didn't know whether they could get the trident and escape safely this time.

***

Chanel silently watched the duel. Her heart beat fast, she was freaking sweating because of nervousness. Night acted as if he was having a hard time. The muscular guy laughed when he punched Night on his right cheek. Night continued acting and stumbled on the floor. Chanel couldn't help herself but to close her eyes every time Night was punched on the face.

Why would he let him punch him on his face?

Kumunot-noo si Chanel nang makita niyang tumayo ang binata mula sa pagkakatayo. He stretched his neck. Night ran to the guy, jumped, and kicked him on the chest. Hinawakan nito ang buhok ng lalaki at hinila papatayo. Using his fingers, he slowly made a gesture as if he was cutting his neck using a knife. He then whispered something on the guy. She saw how frightened the guy was and immediately announced his defeat.

Many were disappointed. But Chanel's eyes drifted again to Night and back to the prince who silently watched. No expression could be seen on his face. He just eyed Night as if he was a threat. The duel continued and Chanel waited on the corner until the top fifteen were announced. Night made sure he got in at least at the last rank before he pulled himself out from the duel and announced his defeat, acted as if he couldn't win against his opponent.